Why does games lag in my nvidia 1GB GT525M graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

jassahib

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
Hello,
guys plzz help why does games lag in my nvidia GT525 M 1gb video card ,with another graphic card of intel 3000 series,I h tried all
the updates from the websites still no results..plzz helP

jassahib

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
BUt still people say its a good graphic card for getting medium graphics onboard,so it still lags even though i ve tried everything,+its i think attached with some intel graphic card so is there anY way i could switch to my nvidia graphics for gamiNG

While the nVidia GT 525M is better than the Intel HD 3000, it is still considered a relatively weak card.

The Intel HD 3000 is slightly faster than a desktop Radeon HD 5450. The nVidia GT 525M would be slower than a desktop Radeon HD 5570, but faster than the desktop HD 5550 by my estimation.

In comparison to desktop nVidia cards, the Intel HD 3000 is roughly equal to a nVidia GT 210, and the nVidia GT 525M is slower than the GT 220 (probably 30% slower).

jassahib

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
see ITS like when i charge my laptoP it performs reaLLy faster and all my games work on high graphics but when i disconnect it lags always ,why is that?
is there ANything wronG ???

Set your power settings to be on full when on battery. When you unplug the laptop it will step down the CPU and video card to save bettery unless you change the defaults.

jassahib

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011

so how do i change it to defaults please teLL....

I am not using a computer with Windows 7 at this very moment, but you should be able to access your Power Options from the Control Panel.

Choose the "Balanced" power settings and click something like Advanced Settings which will open up another window with a lot of options for you to tweak. Scroll down near the bottom and you should see something for PCI-e and CPU settings. Expand them and you should see options to set the performance level when running plugged in and from the battery. Set the performance level for battery to 100%. That should ensure that laptop will run on battery as if it was plugged in to the AC outlet.

Just understand this will drain your battery a lot faster. If you were able to play a game running on the battery for 1.5 hours, then after making these changes it would probably drop down to 45 minutes - 60 minutes. Maybe less.

It's always a good idea to plug in the laptop to the AC outlet if you want to play games.

jassahib

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011

dude ive tried that too still no change is there ..plzzz heLp!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.