Bruceification73

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
All right, aford10 confirmed it does not show my ip, so I'm leaving it up. Go to danasoft.com (not my site, a friend's) if you want to get your own customized version.

Bruceification73

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
I think they increased the size recently. I asked one of the mods, and he didn't say there was anything wrong with it. It seems to be fine. I've seen bigger, too.

One of our users reported you as having his IP address in your sig, sooner or later you will hit on someones real IP address so you need to rethink your sig, I've removed your sig privileges until you comply.

Bruceification73

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Hey 4ryan6, I'm totally cool with just not using the sig, but I want to let you know, the only person who ever sees their ip is the person viewing my sig. It does not send that information to anyone, it just shows it to them. I can swear by that. Please let me know if it is still a problem, because I really like that sig. I swear it's not dangerous and it doesn't share any info with anyone.

Thanks, Kris.

I understand now, exactly whats going on, I PMd you about it, you're basically mirroring the users IP in your sig, its caused enough of a stink already to get it reported by a concerned user and you just started with it.

It scares users to see their IP address pop up in your sig, so do we moderators dedicate a certain amount of time every day to explain to those that report it, thats its not dangerous and it doesn't share any info with anyone, just so you can sport your IP revealing sig?

I tried to relate this to you in a PM, but if you want to do it here that's fine by me, if you'll just think about this logically, there may be some that think this idea is cool, but then there's those that absolutely do not and feel threatened by it.

Do you understand that?

Let me clarify it for you.

Taken from THGF Terms of Use:

Your Conduct on Our Sites

You agree not to post or transmit material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, misleading, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening or invasive of a person's privacy; that otherwise violates any law; or that encourages conduct constituting a criminal offense.

Now if a THGF user thinks you displaying their direct IP address in your sig, is an invasion of their privacy enough to report you, do you not see its a problem.

Bruceification73

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
OK thank you. I just unchecked the option for IP. You can see how they are customized at danasoft.com, if you're interested. He won't show you the source code, but you can test it out anyway, and even customize one.