3 affordable LCDs for eyefinity in portait mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walsterdoomit

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
Hello,
Just got my hd 6990. Might as well go all the way, but I dont want to reaaaly break the bank. Also, I dont want to use my whole room. Recommendations appreciated. Would TN lcds be ok?

Solution
I needed to confirm there was an active adapter in the accessory pack and it looks like there is one active and one passive.
So your connections would be 1 DVI, 1 active from the accessory pack and 1 active ordered online.
6990-eyefinity.jpg

Walsterdoomit

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
9_breaker, that LCD has a rounded bottom which would be bad for portrait mode. Nice deal for non portrait mode tho, thanks.

WR2, can you (or someone) explain the display port, or post a link that explains it? Everything I find just confuses me more. The 6990 comes with like 4 different adapters. ONE of each type. Is there a "best" route that you can recommend? It would be great to have 3 of the same LCDs with 3 of the same adapters, no? Very confusing.

The p2211 looks like an awesome deal, but no display port input. So would I need 3 of the DVI adapters / converters?

I had to double check as well
From the AMD Website:
• A maximum of 2 legacy monitors (VGA, DVI or HDMI) can be enabled simultaneously, provided that each monitor is connected either directly or via a “passive” DisplayPort™ adapter/dongle. “Passive” adapters/dongles will NOT support more than 2 legacy monitors.
• To enable support for more than 2 monitors, “active” DisplayPort™ adapters/dongles are required (or monitors with direct DisplayPort™ connectivity must be used).

Walsterdoomit

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
Could I assume, that I need the single DVI, one passive converter, and one active converter? Or both active, both passive. I clicked on the chart you linked, and looked at the replies. There is a lot of confusion there as well. My 6990 tho, is newer, and it is easier, than the older design of the 5870. Its just the 4 minis. Which adapters are needed for 3 or 4 lcds? OK I will wait for some replies. Its just all exciting!

Walsterdoomit

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
Awesome WR2 that is the best answer, to THAT question. I think I have the adapter thing nailed! Still looks as though you have the LCD answer nailed as well! I like the p2211h is the answer! Its VERY nice, does portrait mode with small bezel, energy star, and I love my dell LCDs. Ill wait for more input.

I needed to confirm there was an active adapter in the accessory pack and it looks like there is one active and one passive.
So your connections would be 1 DVI, 1 active from the accessory pack and 1 active ordered online.
6990-eyefinity.jpg

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.