Cheap Gaming Rig

Hi everybody! I am looking at making a cheap gaming PC, and would like some advice on which motherboard to get.
I am looking at getting a Pentium G series processor, but I have no idea what motherboard to get with it. It would need to be compatible with a Radeon 5670 or 6670, but I am not bothered about much else.
Thanks!
7 answers Last reply
More about cheap gaming
  1. Do you have a specific processor model in mind? There have been CPUs under the "Pentium G" name that go into mutually-incompatible sockets from one another.

For example, the G6950 was for Socket 1156 motherboards, while a G620 is for Socket 1155 boards...
  2. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Motherboards & Memory by Mousemonkey
  3. svengeguttensen said:
    Do you have a specific processor model in mind? There have been CPUs under the "Pentium G" name that go into mutually-incompatible sockets from one another.

For example, the G6950 was for Socket 1156 motherboards, while a G620 is for Socket 1155 boards...

I was probably looking at the G840.
  4. kovzone said:

Thanks a lot. After doing a bit more research, I think it will be a H61 1155 Socket motherboard I need. Is this right?
  5. adf27 said:
    Thanks a lot. After doing a bit more research, I think it will be a H61 1155 Socket motherboard I need. Is this right?

yes, for entry-level gaming that would be sufficient :)
  6. kovzone said:
    yes, for entry-level gaming that would be sufficient :)

Thank you very much for your help :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Gaming Product