Nokia PC Suite & dongle

Last response: in Technologies
Share
July 7, 2005 7:39:31 PM

For some strange reason could not install Nokia's PC Suite on my computer
-- tried everything, and InstallShield could not complete the install,
providing a msg to the effect that it was interrupted and cannot
continue. NokiaUSA techs say they have not experienced this. Has anyone
else out there had any problems ???

At any rate, giving up on that, purchased a Belkin 100 meter dongle which
I also had a difficult time installing -- As it evolves, the install
booklet is not only incomplete, but inaccurate, for it does not consider
WinXP SP2. FYI, their web site has the install details which is not in
the package. And presumably the dongle will do all that PC suite does.

Miles

More about : nokia suite dongle

Anonymous
July 8, 2005 1:32:28 AM

In article <T0cze.40169$J12.7062@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>, Miles
<mileschap@REMOVEMEpacbell.net> wrote:

> For some strange reason could not install Nokia's PC Suite on my computer
> -- tried everything, and InstallShield could not complete the install,
> providing a msg to the effect that it was interrupted and cannot
> continue. NokiaUSA techs say they have not experienced this. Has anyone
> else out there had any problems ???

PC Suite for the Nokia 6600 installed flawlessly under Windows XP SP2
for me.

One thing to remember - SP2 has "security" stuff in it that makes it
wig out when InstallShield is trying to update stuff. Virus scanners
can do the same thing.

Make sure you've got admin privileges to the box you're installing on.

I know nothing about the "Belkin 100 meter dongle." If you think you're
going to get 100 meters on Bluetooth, it must have one hell of a nice
high-gain antenna on it.

I do wonder how you think a dongle is going to perform the same
functions as the PC Suite, though - I can't imagine a way for a piece
of hardware to import calendar entries from Lotus Notes and dump them
into the phone's calendar.

--
spam delenda est
Anonymous

i had a few troubles at first, then i decided to update every driver on
my system that wasnt the latest one, and it was fine after that, my
dongle is a targus one (
http://www.shoptargus.com/Targus_Bluetooth_USB_Adapter_...
), i dont know if that makes any difference. good luck
!