This device, cd/dvd drive cannot start (code 10) vista

I get the error message this device cannot start (code10) I am on vista home premium and it is my cd/dvd drive. Any help would be appreciated.
8 answers Last reply
More about this device drive start code vista
  1. Did this device ever work?

Have you tried updating the device drivers?
  2. uninstal the device and use detect new hardware in the device manager to see if vista will install it and is driver
  3. I uninstalled the device and used detect new hardward and I get the same error. The cd/dvd drive use to work but now I get the code 10 error
  4. could you test it in another computer to see if it still work and not a vista issue
  5. Agree with Scout, if updating driver doesn't work, next step is to verify device works in another computer. Could be device died on you.
  6. I also get the error when it reinstalls that the driver was not successfully installed
  7. ok thanks I will try that. I will need to get my friend to help since i have limited knowledge in taking apart computers. thanks for you help. will let you know what happens.
  8. means that vista do not see the drive if this is a ide cd/dvd driver did you connect the power cable correctly
Ask a new question

Read More

DVD Drives Devices CD-Rom Error Message Windows Vista Components