Please someone help me! is there anyone that can

tjl

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
hey,

this may take a wile,
ok so i have this question on 7 diffrent forumsand still no help and i have put it on here but just no help i just built a new system i have done this a few times with no problems this may help i have a asus striker 2 fomula mobo it was starting fine then after a few days the clock was not keeping time and i had a cmos error msg at start up on bios screen so i took it upon myself to replace the cmos battery when i put everything back together the computer starts up all fans (cpu,psu,gpu's and case) there are no beeps or clicks but i get no signal to screen absolutly nothing at all.

now i have tried alot of sites and alot of ways to fix and nothing i have tested the ram gpu's and cpu in another computer no problem the mobo is new i tried the jumper and someone even told me to try the clr cmos button on the back alot of people keep telling me to change the bios but i cant change something i cant see

is there anyone out there that can help!

little more info my board has no display adapter to need a gpu i have used 3 diffrent gpu's no change all the stuff inside has been changed is this a problem because i pressed the clr cmos button when the comp was on all the lights and fans come on this includes the keyboard lights

please help me

I don't know HOW things were done, so I will just tell you to repeat some steps to make sure it was done right. I would suggest you just do it like I suggest and not fight about having done things before.

First, take the battery out by pushing on the metal plate in the holder with a flat screwdriver. Mark the time because you will need to leave it out for 15 minutes.

While it is out, hold down the power button for a whole 60 seconds.

Also, do you have the capacity to put the RAM, CPU, PSU, and other things from a different computer into this one?

tjl

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011

ok i have tried the ram cpu and psu on another board works with that one ill try your first suggestion now ill tell you how it go's

thx

tjl

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
ok so i tried that no luck that was battery out 20 mins power button pressed the power button 60 seconds still no signal to the screen sorry any other ideas?

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Might be that the motherboard is toast. Not sure what you did when you replaced the battery but if you touched the motherboard with a metal screwdriver without it being grounded theres a good chance its fried.

Ive dealt with alot of motherboard issues and when all the fans spin with no post beeps and no video, my first thought is the motherboard dead.

tjl

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
i just popped it out with fingers pressed the clip and pressed the back of the battery and just popped out i have done it loads but im starting to think it is a busted board just hopeing not because its new

tjl

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
yea it was working fine for a week i got the cmos error at begginging at bios changed the battery and then nothing no change to the screen it works with my other computer

In case it is unclear, I understand if you put those parts in a different computer that it works. What I wanted to know is if you put those parts from the other computer into yours then will yours start working?

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
did you shock your motherboard by chance when you put your hand inside of it? if your working on a carpet and you dont have an electrostatic wrist band attached to the side of the case to be grounded you could fry your computer.