Sign in with
Your question
Solved

H77 motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
January 13, 2013 1:36:44 PM

ASrock motherboards are thinner. Does this means that they won't last long.
Is the uefi bios of ASrock H77 PRO4/MVP motherboards good?
Which mother board should i buy?
1) ASrock H77 PRO4/MVP
2) Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H
3) Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H
4) MSI ZH77A-G41
5) ASUS P8H77-MLE

More about : h77 motherboard

January 13, 2013 1:56:00 PM

But there are many bad feedbacks about this motherboard on newegg.com.
Related resources

Best solution

a c 216 V Motherboard
January 13, 2013 2:00:54 PM

A thinner motherboard with fewer levels is cheaper to produce.
It might make a minor difference in what features can be put on the motherboard, but not in longevity.

Motherboards will tend to become obsolete before they fail anyway.

I have had no problems with the ASROCK uefi bios.

All the motherboards you listed are from decent companies; pick you favored brand so long as it has the features you need.
Note that the Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H Is a M-ATX sized motherboard with 4 expansion slots.
If you case only supports M-ATX, that is the one you want.

In general though, I might look at Z77 based motherboards to preserve the option in the future to install an overclockable "K" cpu.
a c 216 V Motherboard
January 13, 2013 2:10:39 PM

akhilmangala said:
But there are many bad feedbacks about this motherboard on newegg.com.

You will tend to see more negative feedback posts; it is natural to complai of failure. Particularly from less expensive products that are more often purchased by inexperienced builders.

The high number of negative posts does give me some pause, but I do like the responses from ASrock trying to address the issues.
I have never had a failed motherboard from anybody, and your odds are likely go be good. Sometimes there are some issued that are fixed by bios updates , so it might pay to check out how long a motherboard has been out. A product that has been out a while with lots of sales is likely to have had any initial problems fixed.
January 13, 2013 2:16:22 PM

agree with geofelt :D 
January 13, 2013 3:16:44 PM

Best answer selected by akhilmangala.
January 19, 2013 5:39:05 AM

I've been looking at AsRock boards as well. I've been looking at a budget gaming build using H77 mATX board. One thing i'm noticing is that when I go to mobo company sites, not many have verified compatible RAM configurations for 2 x 8GB RAM sticks. I would like 16GB...even though I can get by with 8GB. Why would they say a mobo can support up to 16GB if they can't verify/support a configuration. Is it only because they are basing it on what they know how much the processor can support? Is it just trial and error then in picking the right RAM?

Considering:
ASRock H77M LGA 1155
Ivy Bridge i5 3570K
GTX660
And...16GB RAM
!