I want to upgrade my pc

I7-860 with HD 5770.

You need more video to match your CPU. Check this article and pick the video card you like at your price point. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fastest-graphics-card-radeon-geforce,3067.html You want something like HD 6950 or GTX 560 Ti or bigger to see substantial improvement.

You have a slow 5400 rpm drive (but disk drives are really expensive now, so live with it). You have 12GB of memory -- that's plenty.

You have a generic 750 watt PSU -- that's plenty if the PSU is of medium quality.

You can get good mouse, good monitor, etc.

Hi, I'm surprised you want to pull the memory. When i looked at triple channel mode for my x58 MB the only article I found had very low gains (1-3%) and did not deduct the related OS overhead if memory got low. Net, I have 8GB (4x2GB) vs. 6GB (3X2GB) on my i7-920.

edit: he's got four dimm slots. Wonder if he has 3X4GB or if he has 2X4GB plus 2X2GB whcih would give him two channel on reach pair of dimm slots.....

agree that video is only thing that will make system much stronger/

Yep, that covers it.

Your system has a strong enough PSU and CPU to handle any graphics card--so get whatever you want based off of this article: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fastest-graphics-card-radeon-geforce,3067-1.html

EDIT: Considering you already have a decent graphics card in the 5770, I suggest you get something that's actually a large upgrade over it--either the GTX 560Ti if you're into overclocking or a Radeon 6950 1GB if you're not.

X58 would use triple channel. His build is H57--dual channel only. Leaving only two 4GB sticks will give him the fastest memory performance.

Yes in a meaningful way . If [ as I think I read] you have 3 x 4 gig sticks then it is in single channel

If you have two sticks in the appropriate slots then its in dual channel which will improve system performance by about 6-7 %

right up to the point that you are using more than 8 gig of RAM anyway .
Only 64 bit applications could use that so its a situation that should never happen for most users