help please

Last response: in Video Games
April 12, 2005 9:25:37 PM

forgive me for posting in this newsgroup but I cannot find an alternative.
My sons PS2 has this problem, the cd tray closes but immediately opens again
(not closing) therefore it is impossible to use it. please help

best wishes
Jayne

More about : question

April 13, 2005 12:19:02 AM

"Jane" <comic@joker.com> wrote in message
> forgive me for posting in this newsgroup but I cannot find an alternative.
> My sons PS2 has this problem, the cd tray closes but immediately opens
> again
> (not closing) therefore it is impossible to use it. please help

Sounds like the eject arm has broken or got stuck. Is the ps2 still under
warranty? You could send it to Sony for a fix.
!