Sign in with
Your question

Mobo dont see my ATI HD 5770 Graphics card

Last response: in Motherboards
January 13, 2013 3:00:38 PM

Hi,I have just built a comp using a MSI Z77A-GD65Mobo,i5,and a Corsair 750 watt psu,all works ok,but it wont detect my ATI HD 5770.
I did see someone else have same trouble and found out the pci slot was not activated.This could be my prob,but cant see in bios how to turn pci on or off.or it may be something else.
Any help most welcom.
TY in advance
a b U Graphics card
a c 554 V Motherboard
January 13, 2013 3:51:25 PM

Hi, What's the setting in BIOS for primary graphics? Is the ATI fan spinning? Is the PCIe power cable connected?
January 13, 2013 4:11:10 PM

alexoiu said:
Hi, What's the setting in BIOS for primary graphics? Is the ATI fan spinning? Is the PCIe power cable connected?

hi,ty for your reply,as far as i can see,under the heading of PCI Subsystem settings,pci express gen3 support is on auto,and the pci bus clock is 32.
the fan spins and all connected.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a c 554 V Motherboard
January 13, 2013 5:41:27 PM

Then I suggest testing the graphics card in a different PC, just to make sure it does work.
January 13, 2013 5:44:32 PM

alexoiu said:
Then I suggest testing the graphics card in a different PC, just to make sure it does work.

yeah i was htinking that
but it was ok when it came out of my other pc
rebuilt this one cause the power supply died and i damaged the cpu socket pins in the old one when i was checking thercpu,teach me to be more carefull,:-((
thanks for your help anyway
a b U Graphics card
a c 554 V Motherboard
January 13, 2013 5:54:32 PM

You're welcome. Maybe the power supply failure damaged the card too. Or viceverssa.
!