[PSU] FSP Supersonic 550w PCI Ex Pin

tyo07

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
I have GTX 560 Ti which requires 2x6 Pin. I dunno if I'm missing something here but my eyes can only see 1 1x6 Pin and 1x4 Pin in power supply. Does that mean I need to upgrade my PSU?or I need to look more careful where to find the other one 1x6 Pin since 550w suppose to have 2x 1x6 PCI pin?

most modern power supplies will have 2 6pin (or one 6pin and one 6+2pin) connectors. If it is a few years old then it is quite possible to only have a single one, but you can get an adapter that goes from 2 molex adapters to a single 6pin graphics adapter. The 4pin that you are seeing is most likely for the motherboard's CPU voltage regulator, NOT the graphics card.
Before buying any adapters be sure to go to seasonic's website and make sure that your power supply has enough 12V rail amperage to support your GPU. It should be fine, but better safe than sorry.

Most 550W PSUs do have 2 PCIE power connectors (6-pin and/or 6+2 pin). If yours does not, you may need to use a 2xmolex to 6-pin PCIE adapter. The 1x4 pin connector your PSU has is the CPU power connector.
FSP is a mostly decent brand. How many amps does it have on its +12V rail(s)?

Shouldn't be hard to find, both 6 pin connectors are on the same cable set ( pig-tailed )