Sign in with
Your question

Bios settings not saving

Last response: in Motherboards
January 13, 2013 5:08:23 PM

Hi, my computer started to prompt me to enter bios set up every time I power on and wont continue itself to load windows.

Just pauses and prompts me to enter set up were I have to set the bios each time I turn the power on. No over clocking I just use default settings and change the hard drive settings to IDE.

Once I do this if I restart it remembers my settings but if the power is turned off then on again it prompts me to enter set up again each time the power gets turned off.

I tried a fresh install of windows updating to the latest bios (already was anyway) tried 2 different power supply and two GPUs and its the same thing each time.

Anyone any idea with it could be?

I just wat to use default settings and it to remember hard drive configuration so I don’t keep having to change to IDE each time I power on.

Thanks for your time

AMD FX-8150 3.6GHz
Asus Sabertooth 990FX (bios 1604)
Ram 16GB G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
Windows 7

More about : bios settings saving

a b V Motherboard
January 13, 2013 5:26:31 PM

Have you tried changing out your MB's Bios battery? Its big and round, the size of a nickle, you can't miss it.
a b V Motherboard
January 13, 2013 5:27:41 PM

You need to change the cmos battery on your mobo! It's empty. It's the "silver coin" somewhere next to the bios chip.
As i see, your mobo seems to be fairly new and the battery should last for three years at least. It might not be seated right.
Related resources
a c 462 V Motherboard
January 13, 2013 5:38:47 PM

check to see if someone pulled a prank on you and moved the cmos jumper. or if the jumper fell off or on the wrong pins.
January 14, 2013 1:32:34 AM

noidea_77 said:
You need to change the cmos battery on your mobo! It's empty. It's the "silver coin" somewhere next to the bios chip.
As i see, your mobo seems to be fairly new and the battery should last for three years at least. It might not be seated right.

Tried another battery and its not that. Thanks for your suggestion mate.
January 14, 2013 1:34:43 AM

smorizio said:
check to see if someone pulled a prank on you and moved the cmos jumper. or if the jumper fell off or on the wrong pins.

coms jumper could have fallen off but I dont know what that is tbh mate, it was okay until about a week ago. Think I might try and send it back may be faulty.

Thanks for your response.
January 16, 2013 4:47:17 PM

Thanks Mate. When changing PSU cmos jumper had fallen off somehow, took a jumper from an old motherboard now settings are saved. :love: 

Hope this can help someone else in the future.
!