Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Asrock G41m-vs3 will work with a pentium 4? (LGA775)

Last response: in Motherboards
January 13, 2013 7:24:21 PM

Well thats it, im willing to buy a new mobo for this computer (the original fried up) will the Asrock G41m-vs3 ( http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?model=g41m-vs3 ) work with the Pentium 4 socket 775 CPU the pc originally have?

PD: The page says that it works with "Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme / Core™ 2 Quad / Core™ 2 Duo / Pentium® Dual Core / Celeron® Dual Core / Celeron, supporting Penryn Quad Core Yorkfield and Dual Core Wolfdale" processors but the P4 uses 775 too, so i hope it works.

Help is very apreciated, i need to select a Mobo by tonight...

Thanks.

PD: Link of the Processor info
http://ark.intel.com/products/27482/Intel-Pentium-4-Pro...
January 14, 2013 1:19:51 AM

bump, help please.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 14, 2013 3:32:22 AM

Which exact processor.
m
l
Related resources
January 14, 2013 1:58:33 PM

twelve25 said:
Which exact processor.

Intel Pentium 4 650
m
l

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
January 14, 2013 2:29:06 PM

It SHOULD work in that board, but there is no guarantee without seeing it on a supported CPU list. Chipset and socket supports that CPU just fine, but Foxconn may not detect it in the BIOS.

But, here's something to think about. You'll be dropping $50 on a board to use a processor slower than most tablets. It's half as fast as an Intel Atom or AMD E-series. It's about 1/4 as fast as the cheapest AMD APU setups or Intel Celeron 500 series.

January 14, 2013 2:47:54 PM

twelve25 said:
It SHOULD work in that board, but there is no guarantee without seeing it on a supported CPU list. Chipset and socket supports that CPU just fine, but Foxconn may not detect it in the BIOS.

But, here's something to think about. You'll be dropping $50 on a board to use a processor slower than most tablets. It's half as fast as an Intel Atom or AMD E-series. It's about 1/4 as fast as the cheapest AMD APU setups or Intel Celeron 500 series.

Thread updated, same story.

The problem is that in my country, computer parts are SO expensive that the cheapest processor cost like 50% more than a motherboard, and then i will have to spend double money, for the mobo, and for the cpu. (well not me, my client but she will NOT be happy with that)
m
l
February 21, 2013 1:46:46 AM

Best answer selected by Edszx.
m
l
!