Sign in with
Your question

$1500 Video Encoding/Office Rig Advice

Last response: in Systems
December 5, 2011 12:05:16 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: Will order parts within 2 weeks for new build.

Budget Range: $1,500 After Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: MS Office, Web Development, Video Encoding with Premier Pro and Vegas. System is for business use only.

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, monitor, mouse and full tower case(ATCS 840). I also have a Corsair X128 SSD on a shelf I will use for the boot drive. SSD is 2009 SATA 2 edition, but still a great boot drive and place for Adobe and essential programs.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, Amazon, Tiger and Frozen CPU

Parts Preferences: I prefer an intel system, like the reliability provided by CORSAIR and ASUS components generally.

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe (if beneficial for video encoding using CS 5(waiting for 6 to upgrade again))

Monitor Resolution: 2560x1600

Additional Comments: Prefer components to be quiet, no need for any bling, just looking for a system that I can get 3 solid years out of with an emphasis on speed in the encoding processes. Would like significant and reliable storage, Raid one on motherboard is nice.
December 5, 2011 12:20:38 AM

Ideal HDD Configuration

X128 SSD - (Owned)
System Boot and Essential Programs <MS Windows and Adobe>

2x 1 TB Sata 3/6.0 (WD Caviar Black Maybe?) - (Need)
Raid 1 Configuration for Miscellaneous Programs and Permanent file archival including multimedia. I went SATA III here to prevent HDD Bottlenecking. From my thread in the Hdd/Storage section, a motherboard with a good RAID controller is ideal, or a RAID card that works with the prescribed Motherboard would be a second choice. After much thout and comsideration, this will now be set up as RAID 0, and a third 1TB drive will be avquired for passive and automated backup.

1x 2 TB 'Junk' Drive - (Need)
Preferably for video scratch drive, downloads before sorting and moving to primary disks. Essentially a sandbox. Data integrity on this drive is obviously less of a focus as anything imrtant gets moved and likely backed up on External as well for finished projects.
m
l
December 5, 2011 4:49:12 PM
December 8, 2011 10:33:59 PM

Still looking for some input here please!
m
l
!