Win 7-EVGA 9500GT (x2)-SLI-nVidia Control Panel..SLI option is where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagoma

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
Alright I'm yet another person who is having problems with Win 7-nVidia control panel- SLI

The Prob: The SLI option not appearing in the nVidia control panel.

The Rig: ASUS P5N-E SLI Motherboard
EVGA nVidia GeForce 9500 GT 1GB card
ASUS SLI Bridge
EVGA nVidia GeForce 9500 GT 512MB card
Win 7 Ultimate 32-bit
2.66GHz Intel 2 Core Duo
3gb DDR2 RAM

Skip the Bull:Restarts,Disable/Enable cards, Driver Rollbacks/Fresh Installs/Beta Drivers, Moving/Removing/Switching- Cards- SLI Bridges-and all that jazz.

So Win 7 has problems with the nVidia control panel not showing the SLI option. I don't know why and I would like to solve the prob so I can see how SLI really works especially on my SLI mobo. So if you have conquered this issue please. Help.
Thanks!

Solution
^ i thought it would work but you would only get the memory of the lowest amount card. So you would only get 512mb vram in this case. @OP, you do know that motherboard has an SLI selector card that you have to flip around to run sli mode, right? i have the same motherboard. there is also an option in BIOS that must be enabled for sli.
You basically need to identical cards.
SLI is going to need to have the same GDDR capacity if you want it to work .
Put in any other companies 9500GT 1GB card and it'll work, mixing 2 different capacity cards is a no. We usually avoid mixing companies too, but , it works in most cases with the same GDDR capacity.

If you use 2 x 1GB cards you get a graphics memory of 1GB, if you use 2 GPUs of different memory capacities the rig will not be able to fix the total amount of GPU memory it has.... since it's not mathematical addition.

^ i thought it would work but you would only get the memory of the lowest amount card. So you would only get 512mb vram in this case. @OP, you do know that motherboard has an SLI selector card that you have to flip around to run sli mode, right? i have the same motherboard. there is also an option in BIOS that must be enabled for sli.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS