Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Win 7-EVGA 9500GT (x2)-SLI-nVidia Control Panel..SLI option is where?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 9, 2011 4:39:19 AM

Alright I'm yet another person who is having problems with Win 7-nVidia control panel- SLI

The Prob: The SLI option not appearing in the nVidia control panel.

The Rig: ASUS P5N-E SLI Motherboard
EVGA nVidia GeForce 9500 GT 1GB card
ASUS SLI Bridge
EVGA nVidia GeForce 9500 GT 512MB card
Win 7 Ultimate 32-bit
2.66GHz Intel 2 Core Duo
3gb DDR2 RAM

Skip the Bull:Restarts,Disable/Enable cards, Driver Rollbacks/Fresh Installs/Beta Drivers, Moving/Removing/Switching- Cards- SLI Bridges-and all that jazz.

So Win 7 has problems with the nVidia control panel not showing the SLI option. I don't know why and I would like to solve the prob so I can see how SLI really works especially on my SLI mobo. So if you have conquered this issue please. Help.
Thanks!
a b Î Nvidia
October 9, 2011 6:06:19 AM

You basically need to identical cards.
SLI is going to need to have the same GDDR capacity if you want it to work .
Put in any other companies 9500GT 1GB card and it'll work, mixing 2 different capacity cards is a no. We usually avoid mixing companies too, but , it works in most cases with the same GDDR capacity.

If you use 2 x 1GB cards you get a graphics memory of 1GB, if you use 2 GPUs of different memory capacities the rig will not be able to fix the total amount of GPU memory it has.... since it's not mathematical addition.
Score

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
October 9, 2011 6:15:57 AM

^ i thought it would work but you would only get the memory of the lowest amount card. So you would only get 512mb vram in this case. @OP, you do know that motherboard has an SLI selector card that you have to flip around to run sli mode, right? i have the same motherboard. there is also an option in BIOS that must be enabled for sli.
a c 171 Î Nvidia
January 30, 2012 3:09:34 PM

Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
Score
a c 171 Î Nvidia
January 30, 2012 3:09:36 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!