Sign in with
Your question

Hoping to get a new pc, aprrox 800 euro

Last response: in Systems
December 5, 2011 2:34:52 AM

Hi, its been a while since I last spec'd and built a pc for myself but I'm hoping to buy a new system this week so I can finally play all those games I bought on Steam which I knew wouldn't run on my aging pc but bought on sale anyway.

Approximate Purchase Date: This week hopefully. :) 

Budget Range: Approx €800

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming

Parts Not Required: Monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers not needed right now. I'm going to leave out a optical drive because I have bad luck with them and don't use one anymore.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I normally use komplett.ie but can also use dabs.ie

Parts Preferences: None in particular.

Overclocking: Maybe down the line.

SLI or Crossfire: I would like it to be an option if it is worth it in a couple of years.

Monitor Resolution:

Additional Comments:
Unfortunately prices here are a lot higher than one would pay elsewhere :(  so please take that into consideration.

I've been considering getting the below, are these components any good or what would you recommend instead?

Asus P8P67 LE B3 Revision (a mate has offered to sell me one of these new and unused for cheap)
Intel Core i5-2500K
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz (PC3-12800)
1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
MSI Radeon HD 6870 1GB
Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650
Antec Three Hundred Case

All the above adds up to around 800 euro.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks. :) 

Regards,
ZG

More about : hoping aprrox 800 euro

December 5, 2011 11:10:26 AM

It is pretty good. There are no problems. You won't be able to crossfire since that board you chose has only 1 GPU slot.

You might want to get a cheaper Corsair CX600 just so that you can use any single GPU out in the market.
!