Maximus v Gene - ASMedia SATA ports not showing OD

TSSPat

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
Just finished my new build, I'm stuck on something.

Here is my set-up:

Case: Silverstone Grandia GD06 HTPC Case
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K
PSU: 750W
MB: Asus MAXIMUS V GENE Z77
RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR3 1600
SSD: Samsung 840 120GB
HD: 3 x Western Digital Red 3TB
BD: LG CH12LS28

I plan on having the 3x 3TB WD Red's in RAID5 on the Intel Controller as well as the SSD.
I also plan on having 64GB of the SSD to be part of an Intel SRT (SSD Caching for the Raid5 array)

Here's the thing though, upon install of the OS (Win8) I hooked the BD Drive to a ASMedia SATA slot, which is where I NEED to to be once is all said and done. Problem is that it was not detected in BIOS therefore could not boot the OS.

I switched it over to the Intel SATA controlled and it was detected with no issues.. Maybe it was a driver issue I thought.
I then install the OS, BIOS, Intel, and ASmedia drivers. (Asmedia_V1340).

I have now switched the BD Drive back to the ASMedia slot to go ahead and install my 3 HDDs on the Intel SATA controller.. annnndddd..... the BD Drive still cannot be found?

Am I missing something here? I have no more Intel SATA slots, and its an HTPC so I need to use the BD Drive...
I cannot even find the 2 x ASMedia SATA slots in the BIOS anywhere (Only the Intel ones). Also in Device Manager it shows the ASMedia drivers installed, yet no BD Drive.

Hopefully this is something obvious I have missed because I am stumped.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks and I'm glad to be apart of this community!

TSSPat.

Also another weird thing is happening.
While Starting up & Restarting the PC with the OD plugged into the ASMedia SATA controller it takes a whopping 70 seconds to load to desktop.

With the OD unplugged it takes 11 seconds...

What could be causing this delay?
I'm starting to get annoyed with this hahaha.

erodz1892

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011

I somewhat have the same set up I gave up on the Asedia controllers they just dont show on the bios and I had plan to get some RAID 0 on them witch is impossible unless you do it thru windows I havent tried yet thought. What I did is used the Z77 on RAID 0 and used the other sata 3gbs on the mass data HDD and plugged in a single HDD as a back up and althought the system is on RAID 0 on the bios the asmedia does detect the single HDD I think these controllers run separatley from the bios and more thru windows