Which PSU is better...

beavermml

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010
first of all
i am going to buy a new PC to replace my aging P2D system.

But because i do not have enough money to buy a whole system, i am going to buy PSU first because my PSU in the current system is nearly busted ( i think? ).. always have that freezing and all...

this is my expected future pc
intel sandybridge/ivybridge K series... ( im into overclock )
ram 8GB / 16GB ( depends on the budget after buying all the other parts )
asus p8z68-v lx OR msi 7750 z68a-g45 ( which is better? dont know will support ivybridge or not.. )
graphic card - ati 4870 ( not into gaming so much these days.. from my old build )
5 hard disks - 40GB IDE , 80GB,160GB,320GB, and 1TB SATA. ( from my old build... maybe i leave out the 40GB IDE for the old system because i only used it for OS )
SSD for OS.. ( intel 80GB )
hyper 212

my PSU choice are limited to 2 only..
1 - Xigmatek and cooler master series..

with my current setup , which wattage is the best? currently my budget only allowed me to buy up to 700watt..
these are the list of available PSU in my place.
Xigmatek NRP-PC502 - 500Watt
Xigmatek NRP-PC602 - 600Watt
Xigmatek NRP-PC702 - 700Watt
CoolerMaster GX Series - 550 - 750 watt
CoolerMaster Silent Pro M - 700 watt ( the most expensive of all )

There are two versions of the Cooler Master GX series. The first one was built by Seventeam and had the following model number: RS-*50-ACAA-E3
These ones have been poorly reviewed and are best avoided.
The second version known as GX Bronze series are built by Enhance and have the following model number: RS-*50-ACAA-D3
These don't have the problems that the original GX series had, so it would be okay to buy these if they are the ones available to you.

The Silent Pro M 700W is the most expensive for a reason it seems, it is definitely the best PSU there - altho the 600W version is usually better value, hopefully that is available. A potential disadvantage (depending on your case size and whether you are willing to buy extension cables if need be) is that it has the shortest 20+4pin ATX (40cm), ATX12V (55cm) & PCIe (45cm) cables.
On the GX series and the NRP-PC series they are 50cm, 60cm and 50cm respectively.

The Xigmatek NRP-PC602 and 702 received positive reviews at Hardwareheaven and Kitguru, both sites actually use load testers so they should be as valid as the fairly negative review that the PC502 got at JG. Although it obviously depends on methodology.

beavermml

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010
oooo.. So i should avoid the gx series.. I have read the review on hardwareheaven.. I glad that xigmatek is affordable.. At my suggested config.. At what wattage is the best? Im planning on upgrading the grphc card whenever the hd7k series is out.. Newer models should have lower wattage req than my 487o right. Im not planning on cfx at all.

beavermml

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010
oooo.. So i should avoid the gx series.. I have read the review on hardwareheaven.. I glad that xigmatek is affordable.. At my suggested config.. At what wattage is the best? Im planning on upgrading the grphc card whenever the hd7k series is out.. Newer models should have lower wattage req than my 487o right. Im not planning on cfx at all.

beavermml

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010