New Build won't post...

rushkhour

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Build
NZXT Phantom 410 Case
AMD phenom x6 1045 t
Asus m5a97 motherboard
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti (using the DVI to VGA adapter that the card came with)
8 gb Gskill Ripjaws RAM
Corsair builder series 600w
seagate 1tb hdd

My computer turns on fine, but I hear no beep at all. I made sure the RAM were in the correct slot, reinstalled the gfx card, made sure everything was connected fine, and my monitor seems to just go on standby mode. Since I havent heard a beep yet, im assuming its not the monitor and maybe I should reset the BIOS? (ps, read the troubleshoot guide on tomshardware still nothing)

Sorry if I categorized this wrong, this is probably because I dont know what the real problem is and its my first time building a pc.

My GFX and CPU fan s both run and my monitor just goes to power save a.k.a standby mode. My keyboard and mouse are unresponsive as well and only my speakers turn on.

How do I fix this somebody please help? :cry:

check the mb bios lable..it the last numbers most times on an asus mb..then check to see if the mb will post with the cpu you have. also check that the 4/8 pin atx power is connected and the mb is not shorting out to the mb tray or the i\o shield. (did you use the mb standoffs to hold the mb off the tray??).

rushkhour

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

my cpu is compatible, the 4 pin atx power (im assuming for cpu power) is connected and i did use standoffs

rushkhour

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

everything is new except my processor which is an amd phenom x6 1045t that came with a prebuilt dell xps desktop. everything else, is completely brand new