My graphics driver for my MSI 560-ti switches off and crashes win7

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneelliott

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
Hi just recently built my first system from scratch got everything going after a few afternoons and a lot of reading from manuals etc.

the problem i have is after I loaded the driver from the CD for my MSI 560-ti OC it throws a spasm switches off and on and after about 30 secs crashes windows. On the restart it almost loads back up then spasm, off, on, off, on... crash again. Ive also tried all the latest drivers off the internet with similar results. although it takes longer before getting to the crash stage.

Im now stuck with using the onboard video on the motherboard which works fine just not as good as I want it to be. I heard this may be in conflict with the graphics drivers from another website/forum?

I am an amature at this so not much of a tech person. if someone could, a step by step possible solution would be helpful.

my system is
i5 2500
asrock extreme 4 LGA 1155
8gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz
MSI 560-ti OC
tplink wireless N
windows 7 home premium 64 bit

thanks wayne

wayneelliott

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
used driver sweeper and driver version 266.44 with the onboard graphics off. has fixed it... somewhat. it would switch off and on but never crash windows. I got into the nvidia options and turned power management to always full and switched all other settings to program controlled. Now it only does weird things on start up after the password login screen but this eventually comes right and it runs fine and at full speed.

Im happy with it but not totally satisfied with the result

wayneelliott

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
switched the cable to an HDMI one. now there is no issues at all :) Its could have been the result of the card going from DVI to VGA input on a tv that was causing the trouble. the quality isnt quite as good but I am now satisfied.

Thanks for your reply robjordy it got me started on the right path.

Status
Not open for further replies.