Please advise if this is the correct BT eqipment for me

Need to do the following: Using a voip application on my laptop (IBM T30)
to make phone calls. Want to use it with some kind of wireless headphone set
so that i can talk through the headset, information to get to laptop
wirelessly and
then to the voip application. Looks like BT can do what I need. However
laptop
doesnt have inbuilt bluetooth so I understand that i will have to purchase
usb->BT adapter
and use it with a BT capable headset. Is that a correct plan?

Here is what i plan to purchase:

either
CARDO Systems SCALA SCALA500 Headset
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826164001

or
PLANTRONICS M2500 Bluetooth Headset
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826106052

to be used in conjunction with

either
D-Link DBT-120 Wireless USB Bluetooth Adapter
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833127117

or
Zonet ZUB6101C Bluetooth Device
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833130023

Is this the correct equipment for what i need it to do

thank you very much
3 answers Last reply
More about please advise correct eqipment

    "asdf" <dfsa@sadf.com> wrote in message
    > Need to do the following: Using a voip application on my laptop (IBM T30)
    > to make phone calls. Want to use it with some kind of wireless headphone
    > set
    > so that i can talk through the headset, information to get to laptop
    > wirelessly and
    > then to the voip application. Looks like BT can do what I need. However
    > laptop
    > doesnt have inbuilt bluetooth so I understand that i will have to purchase
    > usb->BT adapter
    > and use it with a BT capable headset. Is that a correct plan?
    >
    > Here is what i plan to purchase:
    >
    > either
    > CARDO Systems SCALA SCALA500 Headset
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826164001
    >
    > or
    > PLANTRONICS M2500 Bluetooth Headset
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826106052
    >
    > to be used in conjunction with
    >
    > either
    > D-Link DBT-120 Wireless USB Bluetooth Adapter
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833127117
    >
    > or
    > Zonet ZUB6101C Bluetooth Device
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833130023
    >

    > Is this the correct equipment for what i need it to do
    >
    > thank you very much

    just make sure the WIDCOMM stack software (which is the software for the
    bluetooth dongle) is version 3 or above as this contains the headset profile
    u need...if the software does not contain the headset profile u wont be able
    to use it for VOIP etc...I believe the D-Link DBT-120 has only version 1.4
    of widcomm...but not sure...

    my belkin has 1.4.2 and i would NOT recommend that one for ur use....in fact
    DONT ue any belkin as they r cheaparses when it comes to having updated
    software for their bluetooth dongle...

    and that goes for a lot of other bluetooth vendors 2...

    cheers ;)

    ps...i was forced to find the cracked version of Widcomm 4.0.1.700, now all
    my bluetooth adaptors work the way i PAID for them to work...

    thank you for replying but where in specs do i see which version of widcomm
    this product is using

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833127117

    thank you

    "a_dude" <slope@hill.com> wrote in message
    > "asdf" <dfsa@sadf.com> wrote in message
    > > Need to do the following: Using a voip application on my laptop (IBM
    T30)
    > > to make phone calls. Want to use it with some kind of wireless headphone
    > > set
    > > so that i can talk through the headset, information to get to laptop
    > > wirelessly and
    > > then to the voip application. Looks like BT can do what I need. However
    > > laptop
    > > doesnt have inbuilt bluetooth so I understand that i will have to
    purchase
    > > usb->BT adapter
    > > and use it with a BT capable headset. Is that a correct plan?
    > >
    > > Here is what i plan to purchase:
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    "asdf" <dfsa@sadf.com> wrote in message news:3liCe.302$Vn2.172@fe11.lga...
    > thank you for replying but where in specs do i see which version of
    > widcomm
    > this product is using
    >
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833127117
    >
    > thank you

    the best place is D-Link themselves or be patient and someone around here
    might respond...why dont u find the dlink website and send em an email...

    or you could look in the support/drivers section for that model...might say
    it there...

    cheers ;)

Bluetooth Gaming Headsets Product