Please advise if this is the correct BT eqipment for me

Last response: in Technologies
Share
July 16, 2005 4:28:54 AM

Need to do the following: Using a voip application on my laptop (IBM T30)
to make phone calls. Want to use it with some kind of wireless headphone set
so that i can talk through the headset, information to get to laptop
wirelessly and
then to the voip application. Looks like BT can do what I need. However
laptop
doesnt have inbuilt bluetooth so I understand that i will have to purchase
usb->BT adapter
and use it with a BT capable headset. Is that a correct plan?

Here is what i plan to purchase:

either
CARDO Systems SCALA SCALA500 Headset
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1682...

or
PLANTRONICS M2500 Bluetooth Headset
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1682...

to be used in conjunction with

either
D-Link DBT-120 Wireless USB Bluetooth Adapter
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1683...

or
Zonet ZUB6101C Bluetooth Device
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1683...

Is this the correct equipment for what i need it to do

thank you very much
July 17, 2005 2:16:06 PM

"asdf" <dfsa@sadf.com> wrote in message
> Need to do the following: Using a voip application on my laptop (IBM T30)
> to make phone calls. Want to use it with some kind of wireless headphone
> set
> so that i can talk through the headset, information to get to laptop
> wirelessly and
> then to the voip application. Looks like BT can do what I need. However
> laptop
> doesnt have inbuilt bluetooth so I understand that i will have to purchase
> usb->BT adapter
> and use it with a BT capable headset. Is that a correct plan?
>
> Here is what i plan to purchase:
>
> either
> CARDO Systems SCALA SCALA500 Headset
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1682...
>
> or
> PLANTRONICS M2500 Bluetooth Headset
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1682...
>
> to be used in conjunction with
>
> either
> D-Link DBT-120 Wireless USB Bluetooth Adapter
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1683...
>
> or
> Zonet ZUB6101C Bluetooth Device
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1683...
>

> Is this the correct equipment for what i need it to do
>
> thank you very much

just make sure the WIDCOMM stack software (which is the software for the
bluetooth dongle) is version 3 or above as this contains the headset profile
u need...if the software does not contain the headset profile u wont be able
to use it for VOIP etc...I believe the D-Link DBT-120 has only version 1.4
of widcomm...but not sure...

my belkin has 1.4.2 and i would NOT recommend that one for ur use....in fact
DONT ue any belkin as they r cheaparses when it comes to having updated
software for their bluetooth dongle...

and that goes for a lot of other bluetooth vendors 2...

cheers ;)

ps...i was forced to find the cracked version of Widcomm 4.0.1.700, now all
my bluetooth adaptors work the way i PAID for them to work...
July 17, 2005 2:16:07 PM

thank you for replying but where in specs do i see which version of widcomm
this product is using

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1683...

thank you

"a_dude" <slope@hill.com> wrote in message
> "asdf" <dfsa@sadf.com> wrote in message
> > Need to do the following: Using a voip application on my laptop (IBM
T30)
> > to make phone calls. Want to use it with some kind of wireless headphone
> > set
> > so that i can talk through the headset, information to get to laptop
> > wirelessly and
> > then to the voip application. Looks like BT can do what I need. However
> > laptop
> > doesnt have inbuilt bluetooth so I understand that i will have to
purchase
> > usb->BT adapter
> > and use it with a BT capable headset. Is that a correct plan?
> >
> > Here is what i plan to purchase:
July 17, 2005 3:46:24 PM

"asdf" <dfsa@sadf.com> wrote in message news:3liCe.302$Vn2.172@fe11.lga...
> thank you for replying but where in specs do i see which version of
> widcomm
> this product is using
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1683...
>
> thank you

the best place is D-Link themselves or be patient and someone around here
might respond...why dont u find the dlink website and send em an email...

or you could look in the support/drivers section for that model...might say
it there...

cheers ;)
!