Building my first rig .... rigs! $500 protools/premier

Hi all, i often change parts in machines(RAM, HDD, GPU etc...) but have never built a machine from scratch, but am about to build one for myself and one for my sister.

Parts i'm thinking of using

For Myself $500-600.
CoolerMaster CM 690 II USB3.0 Advanced(just wanted a case with USB3 and a HDD dock), an i5-2500k, a motherboard with USB3, Sata3, possibly PCIe3(if priced reasonably), UEFI with a decent automatic overclock and the ability to upgrade to ivy bridge down the track, cheap modular power supply 400-750W, 8gb ram, a cheap graphics card suitable for novice video and audio editing(protools and premier). going to use my old HDD's with an idea to add a SSD for the OS next year when i can afford it.

For my sis $450-500
The second system will use my own bits and pieces(case, power supply, graphics), but will need motherboard, CPU, 4/8 gb ram and approx 1tb HDD. I haven't decided on CPU etc this machine is intended to only do some very amateur video editing and general office duties, so really looking for value for money. Possbly an AM3+ motherboard and a phenom X4, or a 1155 with a i3.

I'm a poor uni student so i'm looking for the best deal possible. Living in Australia so most gear i buy comes from Austin Computers
Thanks heaps
6 answers Last reply
More about building rigs protools premier
  1. Budgets? What you can get depends on what you can spend and what you're using your PC for.
  2. my budget is cheap!

for the first build i'm looking at around $500

the second under $450

both in AUD
  3. to meet the budget i could possibly use a lesser CPU, an old GPU and old power supply in the first build temporarily before upgrading next year.
  4. any body preeza herlp me
  5. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
  6. Mousemonkey said:
    This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey

cheers sorry for putting it in the wrong spot
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Hard Drives Systems