Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

GSkill 16 gb (2x8) tridentx 2400 mhz

Tags:
  • Memory
Last response: in Memory
January 14, 2013 8:14:24 AM

İ want to buy a new pc and i want this ram for my pc: gskill 16 gb (2x8) tridentx 2400 mhz. And ill buy an asus maximus v gene motherboard. but my pc seller told me that these rams doesnt work stable at 2400 mhz when i enable XMP feature from bios. and he told me that i should buy the one with 2133 mhz.
what do you guys think about this? Should i buy the 2133 mhz s instead of 2400 mhz s
Forgive me for my english.

More about : gskill 2x8 tridentx 2400 mhz

January 14, 2013 8:30:36 AM

XMP is a feature in the bios that allows you to fine tweak the memory and it`s settings.
Options are the voltage provided to the memory, for it to run properly.
The bus speed setting of the ddr speed up and down paths Ie 1166mhz up 1166mhz down =2133Mhz
And also the timing values. Only the voltage of the memory module would be the problem. Overclocking as well btw

So check the QVL of the type of memory for the board you are buying it will listed on the board vendors site.
January 14, 2013 8:37:12 AM

weaselman said:
XMP is a feature in the bios that allows you to fine tweak the memory and it`s settings.
Options are the voltage provided to the memory, for it to run properly.
The bus speed setting of the ddr speed up and down paths Ie 1166mhz up 1166mhz down =2133Mhz
And also the timing values. Only the voltage of the memory module would be the problem. Overclocking as well btw

So check the QVL of the type of memory for the board you are buying it will listed on the board vendors site.

i checked the motherboards qualified vendors list tridentx 2400 mhz isnt there. but the thing is in gskills site, it says maximus v gene şs one of the suggested motherboards. it just says that i should enable XMP for using the rams with high frequency