Is this RAM compatible with this intel motherboard?

Is this RAM compatible with this intel motherboard?
I want to buy two 8GB sticks 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM and I have an intel dh67cl motherboard and an i5-2500 processor. Will the RAM be compatible? I found this website: http://www.kingston.com/en/memory/search?DeviceType=7&Mfr=INT&Line=DH67CL&Model=68590, do the part numbers have to be exactly the same for them to work properly?
18 answers Last reply
More about compatible intel motherboard
  1. If you want 16GB get a 2x8GB kit.
  2. You're kind of lazy aren't you?
  3. Which RAM are you talking about? The link you gave have different dimms

Anyway, 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz will work on that motherboard. The part number doesn't have to be the same
  4. what's the ram voltage?
  5. So the part number can be anything right? What's important is just that it's Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz and it'll work?
  6. You want to stay with 1.5V memory voltage though. Many prefer the Intel recommended rate of 1.5v because apparently it can supposedly kill the CPU http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?p=21199063
  7. It will work, but you can get much better RAM for the price. Personally, I would suggest G skill.
  8. Hello again, I've bought and hooked up the Kingston 1600Mhz HyperX RAM, but in BIOS it still says their speed is 1333Mhz? How do I fix this?
    PS: They cost a whopping $114, how does everyone keeps saying "RAM costs nothing these days"?
  9. Yes, so how do you change the RAM frequency to run at 1600Mhz?
  10. why would you pay that much? you can get 16GB of 1600 for around $80.
  11. So again, how do you change the RAM speed to 1600Mhz?
  12. in the bios.
  13. No sh*t in the BIOS? What exactly am I supposed to do in the BIOS? There is no option to set the speed at 1600Mhz, there's only an option to set it at 1333 or 1066.
  14. An answer already?
  15. H67 supports up to 1333MHz speed. You can't get any higher than that on that motherboard
  16. EzioAs said:
    H67 supports up to 1333MHz speed. You can't get any higher than that on that motherboard

Why you fuckin retarded ten-year old waste of internet space, don't fuckin ever give any advice to people on the internet ever again. I can't believe I spent $114 on RAM based on the advice of some random dipsticks on a forum.
    It's my fault I guess, I should have known better than to trust spending my small amount of money based on advice from the internet from people who couldn't care less if it was spent wrongly. I won't spam any admin to try to ban either of you two, because I know idiots like you will always exist and will always keep giving people wrong advice, instead I ask any admin here to please ban my ip address permanently so that in case I forget that I should never ask for any advice on this overrated forum I won't be able to.
  17. The motherboard supports the module, just not the speeds. The modules can be transferred later to any motherboard as long as it uses DDR3 DIMM slots (which could probably exist until 2015 or so). Plus, who buys 1600MHz 16GB at around $114? You can have 16GB somewhere around $80 or so. I'm sorry if there is some confusion but you should probably state "compatible" better next time. The modules are compatible with the motherboard, it just won't run at 1600MHz speeds.
  18. dssdghthd said:
    Why you fuckin retarded ten-year old waste of internet space, don't fuckin ever give any advice to people on the internet ever again. I can't believe I spent $114 on RAM based on the advice of some random dipsticks on a forum.
    It's my fault I guess, I should have known better than to trust spending my small amount of money based on advice from the internet from people who couldn't care less if it was spent wrongly. I won't spam any admin to try to ban either of you two, because I know idiots like you will always exist and will always keep giving people wrong advice, instead I ask any admin here to please ban my ip address permanently so that in case I forget that I should never ask for any advice on this overrated forum I won't be able to.

You won't really notice the speed difference, it's not all that bad. EzioAs was just trying to help. You don't have to be cross with him/her.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Compatibility Motherboards Intel Product