Bacchus

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2003

Anyone own this thing? I just bought 1 on-line? All my games are getting
ruined with my nieces and nephews tossing them all over the place. My Star
Ocean is toasted.... I can't even finish the game as it freezes due to a
major scratch on the 2nd disk. I am pretty pissed about that as I spent 60
hrs getting past the 1rst disk.

I Would like to use this device so I can keep the games in tact. Any
thoughts out there?

thanks

Bacchus wrote:
> Anyone own this thing? I just bought 1 on-line? All my games are getting
> ruined with my nieces and nephews tossing them all over the place. My Star
> Ocean is toasted.... I can't even finish the game as it freezes due to a
> major scratch on the 2nd disk. I am pretty pissed about that as I spent 60
> hrs getting past the 1rst disk.
>
> I Would like to use this device so I can keep the games in tact. Any
> thoughts out there?

Yes, don't let your Nices and Nephews near your games.

--

Mulletino

Mulletino wrote:

> Yes, don't let your Nices and Nephews near your games.

Curse you spiel chucker!!!

--

Mulletino

Bacchus napisa³(a):
> I just bought 1 on-line?

We don't know :)

> All my games are getting
> ruined with my nieces and nephews tossing them all over the place. My Star
> Ocean is toasted.... I can't even finish the game as it freezes due to a
> major scratch on the 2nd disk. I am pretty pissed about that as I spent 60
> hrs getting past the 1rst disk.
>
> I Would like to use this device so I can keep the games in tact. Any
> thoughts out there?

I guess the idea is right - if you copy games to the hd an run them from
it, the disks will be safe. But I heard not all the games are compatible
with HD loader. Another thing is if you'll be able to transfer games
from scratched disk?
H.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

>> All my games are getting
>> ruined with my nieces and nephews tossing them all over the place. My Star
>> Ocean is toasted.... I can't even finish the game as it freezes due to a
>> major scratch on the 2nd disk. I am pretty pissed about that as I spent 60
>> hrs getting past the 1rst disk.
>>
>> I Would like to use this device so I can keep the games in tact. Any
>> thoughts out there?

I bought one for the same reason and it works well.
As a bonus it loads much faster.
No problems with it. There are sites that list the few incompatible
games.
If the PS2 won't load a game on the hard drive due to poor disc surface
then load it via your PC with HDL dumb program. The PC drive will read
discs much better than the PS2.
--
..