nekko

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
Hey guys I want to build an HTPC for my living room on my 64 inch Samsung 8000 Series. My max after tax is $800.

Thanks

Budget Range: $800 total

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Watching Blu-Rays, watching movies in something like XBMC, netflix, games.. Its an HTPC!

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com, amazon.com

Additional Comments: May use this to play games like Skyrim, etc.
Also I would like to put it in my bookshelf so a smaller case would be much better.

slhpss

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011

I was going smaller, but that case will work with the equipment I listed, but you will need to purchase a power supply separate I would recommend around 300 watts... and get the measurements of the power supply as that case supports one up to 180 mm deep.... I had a desktop case like that for my htpc at one point (when it was micro-atx instead of mini-itx)... ended up trashing it think it was the nmediapc one on the page lower down.... also grab measurements and make sure you want something that big 5.91" x 17.32 x 8.74 vs 10.87" x 6.93" x 8.74" for the two silverstones I listed.

it is a nice case and at this point I would say with no PSU included it comes down to aesthetics and cost... pick what you like and can afford... should be a pretty beastly htpc... check measurements and you might be able to put the 560ti that was recommended in there too... but that will more than likely be louder (another important consideration with htpc) than the low profile 6670 I suggested.