Counter-Strike community needs help

Hello there.
Iam come from http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781721&page=168
and iam of one from this users which having this problem.
Problem called unsmooth game.
Definition of this problem:
Counter-Strike is not smooth, game is very slow very unsmooth and we have issues with recoil of game (hits are out of crosshair).
We think this is motherboard issue and i want to tell you why so let me say you my story about problem which we have:
2 Years ago i have no problem with this game i was enjoying smooth game and everything worked FINE i remember pc setup was

~~~~
Mobo: Intel D875PBZ board
CPU: Pentium 4 2.80 GHZ- D stepping
GPU: MSI 7600 512 MB Ram AGP
RAM: 3 GB ddr400

after some time my intel board gets broken and i buyed ASROCK p4i945 a mATX motherboard for 478 socket and keep same cpu Pentium 4.
I also buyed Gigabyte GT440 1GB, and 2GB of DDR2 Kingston.
This is was a start for losing my nervers , many many nights when i dont slept trying to find fix for game.
After some days after i buyed my pc i noticed something is wrong with my game from my average score 100-50 on deadmatch where i ussualy played was average score like 80-75. I noticed something is wrong with game recoil and shooting is not working like on my old computer i typed to google ' counter-strike laggy at 100 fps ' and it find this thread http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781721&page=168 where people discribes exactly same problem which i have.
So i knewd this problem is deeper after i read over 150 pages where people are trying many different things like changing drivers, many bios features which they try to change and nothing helps.
Iam now 100% convicted that this problem is in motherboard.
Why:
I (and many of us ) tryed to change GPU, absolutely no effect, i tryed change RAMS, PSU, two monitors, mouse, After all this thing which i tryed to change i think this is motherboard problem.
Why my game run smooth with same cpu on intel motherboard and why game runs shitty on another motherboard?
If i tryed to change everything on my motherboard except of motherboard and game still runs bad i think its obviously motherboard problem.
So ok i tested one more computers with Asrock motherboard: Dad's second computer which he use like backup computer.
Setup: Asrock K7VM2
CPU: Athlon 2200
GPU: Geforce 5200
Ram: 1.5 GB ddr400
Totally same problem on this computer , i started to hate asrock brand.
After some time i buyed new computer except of GPU and also i keeps hdd same.
This computer is also affected with this problem and game is even much unsmooth than on previous two pc's.
Setup:
Mobo: Gigabyte 780T-D3L
CPU: Phenom BE x4 965 Quad-Core 3.42 GHZ
GPU: gigabyte gt440 (same)
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333 mhz
I was so mad when i launched game and there was no difference.
I still think its motherboard issue also many of us with this problem are using GIGABYTE motherboards then Asus motherboards and also asrock motherboards. Iam not saying all motherboards are bad but this is three most used brands which we use.

THINGS WHICH WE TRYED:
changing single components like gpu , cpu , rams also monitors , mouses, internet provider ( I forgot to say this problem happens also with Lan game with bots so not internet issue),
Disabling features in bios like powersaving features like C1E eist, Amd Cool n Quiet, HPET support, hyperthreading.
Tryed millions of gpu drivers older or newer doesnt matter.
Tryed dissable many and many things in msconfig.

Facts:
This problem happens also on older computers with AGP card so no PCIe issue.
This problem happen for both cpu's AMD and Intel.

Problem depends also on source engine games because source engine is modified goldsrc engine.
Some people saying this happens for all windows games but i cant confirm this because i dont play games except of cs 1.6.

So question is what feature , thing on motherboard can cause this, is it something between Motherboard and CPU communication, is it between motherboard gpu and motherboard?.
What should we test , some tool which we should try, Why is this happening?
Sorry for my poor english but this was maximum from me to explain you our problem.
Also i want show your some posts from users which are exciting to read here are links:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=33802931&postcount=2516

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=33337598&postcount=2462

Someone help us PLEASE.

Thanks (makakin21)
13 answers Last reply
More about counter strike community help
  1. bump please
  2. makakin21 said:
    bump please

cOUNTER STRIKE 1.6 ................RIGHT ? Its a very old game....I use to play it many years back in internet/lan......Speaking of hardware a Pentium 4 should be enough for it....If I am not wrong (correct me if i am) that game needs only 32 mb GPU....a very old game..will have problem with new GPUs not to mention the GTX 690....I guess its either of the 2- steam internet connection or the graphics card....Which os do you use by the way ? I guess vista or 7 would have problem with that game
  3. try adjusting your rates

go into your video settings and set the color quality to Medium 16bit
    (idk if this was just my computer but when I set it to Highest 32bit, there was alot of screen lag)
  4. reinstall steam + cs. Then try again, I cant find that you have tried it after a clean install.
  5. makakin21 said:
    Hello there.
    Iam come from http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781721&page=168
    and iam of one from this users which having this problem.
    Problem called unsmooth game.
    Definition of this problem:
    Counter-Strike is not smooth, game is very slow very unsmooth and we have issues with recoil of game (hits are out of crosshair).
    We think this is motherboard issue and i want to tell you why so let me say you my story about problem which we have:
    2 Years ago i have no problem with this game i was enjoying smooth game and everything worked FINE i remember pc setup was

~~~~
    Mobo: Intel D875PBZ board
    CPU: Pentium 4 2.80 GHZ- D stepping
    GPU: MSI 7600 512 MB Ram AGP
    RAM: 3 GB ddr400

after some time my intel board gets broken and i buyed ASROCK p4i945 a mATX motherboard for 478 socket and keep same cpu Pentium 4.
    I also buyed Gigabyte GT440 1GB, and 2GB of DDR2 Kingston.
    This is was a start for losing my nervers , many many nights when i dont slept trying to find fix for game.
    After some days after i buyed my pc i noticed something is wrong with my game from my average score 100-50 on deadmatch where i ussualy played was average score like 80-75. I noticed something is wrong with game recoil and shooting is not working like on my old computer i typed to google ' counter-strike laggy at 100 fps ' and it find this thread http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781721&page=168 where people discribes exactly same problem which i have.
    So i knewd this problem is deeper after i read over 150 pages where people are trying many different things like changing drivers, many bios features which they try to change and nothing helps.
    Iam now 100% convicted that this problem is in motherboard.
    Why:
    I (and many of us ) tryed to change GPU, absolutely no effect, i tryed change RAMS, PSU, two monitors, mouse, After all this thing which i tryed to change i think this is motherboard problem.
    Why my game run smooth with same cpu on intel motherboard and why game runs shitty on another motherboard?
    If i tryed to change everything on my motherboard except of motherboard and game still runs bad i think its obviously motherboard problem.
    So ok i tested one more computers with Asrock motherboard: Dad's second computer which he use like backup computer.
    Setup: Asrock K7VM2
    CPU: Athlon 2200
    GPU: Geforce 5200
    Ram: 1.5 GB ddr400
    Totally same problem on this computer , i started to hate asrock brand.
    After some time i buyed new computer except of GPU and also i keeps hdd same.
    This computer is also affected with this problem and game is even much unsmooth than on previous two pc's.
    Setup:
    Mobo: Gigabyte 780T-D3L
    CPU: Phenom BE x4 965 Quad-Core 3.42 GHZ
    GPU: gigabyte gt440 (same)
    RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333 mhz
    I was so mad when i launched game and there was no difference.
    I still think its motherboard issue also many of us with this problem are using GIGABYTE motherboards then Asus motherboards and also asrock motherboards. Iam not saying all motherboards are bad but this is three most used brands which we use.

THINGS WHICH WE TRYED:
    changing single components like gpu , cpu , rams also monitors , mouses, internet provider ( I forgot to say this problem happens also with Lan game with bots so not internet issue),
    Disabling features in bios like powersaving features like C1E eist, Amd Cool n Quiet, HPET support, hyperthreading.
    Tryed millions of gpu drivers older or newer doesnt matter.
    Tryed dissable many and many things in msconfig.

Facts:
    This problem happens also on older computers with AGP card so no PCIe issue.
    This problem happen for both cpu's AMD and Intel.

Problem depends also on source engine games because source engine is modified goldsrc engine.
    Some people saying this happens for all windows games but i cant confirm this because i dont play games except of cs 1.6.

So question is what feature , thing on motherboard can cause this, is it something between Motherboard and CPU communication, is it between motherboard gpu and motherboard?.
    What should we test , some tool which we should try, Why is this happening?
    Sorry for my poor english but this was maximum from me to explain you our problem.
    Also i want show your some posts from users which are exciting to read here are links:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=33337598&postcount=2462

Someone help us PLEASE.

Thanks (makakin21)

hi there,i ve been having this problem with 2 pc's,one is a pentium 4 and the other is a cor2duo both have hp motherboards,i ve tried everything possible,exapt for changing the motherboard,i realized that it's a motherboard issue in the last 2 months,but it was to late cuz i ve spent every cent i had changing graphic cards ect,later on a guy told me that he was able to fix the problem by changing the motherboard,he also told me that i should get a onboard motherboard,i have no idea what is that,i think u might do,i also don't have any idea how to know if the motherboard is compatible with my pc's case,i m trying to find a good and compatible motherboard,me and 2 other inet friends who have this issue we are planing to buy one,but we still didn't find a compatible onboard mobo yet,so i hope i ve helped u even just a little,and sorry for this big wall of words i couldn't help my self,i just wanna get it fixed,and i hope u'll figure it out also,good luck.
  6. btw http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=33802931&postcount=2516 this is my friend,it's a one small world huh ? XD
  7. mindfreak137 said:
    hi there,i ve been having this problem with 2 pc's,one is a Pentium 4 and the other is a cor2duo both have hp motherboards,i ve tried everything possible,exapt for changing the motherboard,i realized that it's a motherboard issue in the last 2 months,but it was to late cuz i ve spent every cent i had changing graphic cards ect,later on a guy told me that he was able to fix the problem by changing the motherboard,he also told me that i should get a onboard motherboard,i have no idea what is that,i think u might do,i also don't have any idea how to know if the motherboard is compatible with my pc's case,i m trying to find a good and compatible motherboard,me and 2 other inet friends who have this issue we are planing to buy one,but we still didn't find a compatible onboard mobo yet,so i hope i ve helped u even just a little,and sorry for this big wall of words i couldn't help my self,i just wanna get it fixed,and i hope u'll figure it out also,good luck.

I am hearing this for quite a while now....that CS 1.6 is facing lag because of a mainboard.. :heink: ..Its not like that .. :non: .mainboard has nothing to do in playing games online or offline....Its the Graphics card (in absence of a graphics card onboard graphics - which I think is your so called 'onboard mainboard') :D
    Or it happens when you have any one of the following issue-

1)CPU 2)RAM 3)Slow Internet connection (Multilayer) 4)OS

CS 1.6 requirement are as follows........
    Minimum: 500 mhz processor, 96mb ram, 16mb video card, Windows 2000/XP/ME/SE, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection :)

Recommended: 800 mhz processor, 128mb ram, 32mb+ video card, Windows 2000/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection :)

So it is a common sense that it will run on any damn PC - a core2Duo or phenom 2 is perhaps 10 times more resources than this game can handle at its max. :sol:

However it seems to me that you might be having this issue because you are using a too new processer or a graphics card to play this old game.
    My opinion would be to take a non-64-bit processor (like the Pentium 4) and Windows Xp and combine them together. Do not use a graphics card...a mobo that supports Pentium 4 would surely have on-board graphics that this game can well adapt.

You know, its funny to use a Direct x 11.1/11/10.1/10 compatible GPU with advanced shaders to use a game that does not even require HwTnl Support/Shader 1.0/Direct X 7 .Its like putting more air than a balloon can take. It is a game meant for Direct X 6 for sure. :D Intel Extreme graphics would be best for this. :sol:
  8. SPEED94 said:
    I am hearing this for quite a while now....that CS 1.6 is facing lag because of a mainboard.. :heink: ..Its not like that .. :non: .mainboard has nothing to do in playing games online or offline....Its the Graphics card (in absence of a graphics card onboard graphics - which I think is your so called 'onboard mainboard') :D
    Or it happens when you have any one of the following issue-

1)CPU 2)RAM 3)Slow Internet connection (Multilayer) 4)OS

CS 1.6 requirement are as follows........
    Minimum: 500 mhz processor, 96mb ram, 16mb video card, Windows 2000/XP/ME/SE, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection :)

Recommended: 800 mhz processor, 128mb ram, 32mb+ video card, Windows 2000/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection :)

So it is a common sense that it will run on any damn PC - a core2Duo or phenom 2 is perhaps 10 times more resources than this game can handle at its max. :sol:

However it seems to me that you might be having this issue because you are using a too new processer or a graphics card to play this old game.
    My opinion would be to take a non-64-bit processor (like the Pentium 4) and Windows Xp and combine them together. Do not use a graphics card...a mobo that supports Pentium 4 would surely have on-board graphics that this game can well adapt.

You know, its funny to use a Direct x 11.1/11/10.1/10 compatible GPU with advanced shaders to use a game that does not even require HwTnl Support/Shader 1.0/Direct X 7 .Its like putting more air than a balloon can take. It is a game meant for Direct X 6 for sure. :D Intel Extreme graphics would be best for this. :sol:

well,as makakin21 says in the topic,the problem exists with bots as well,so it's not an internet problem,i my self tried playing with the integrated chipset,with an nvidia gt210 and with an hd radeon 5770 and the problem exists while playing with everyone of the main cards,i know a guy who have the gt210 and plays the game with no issues,and our problem my friend is not lag,its "bad bullet registery",and u seem talking without much of knowledge about the game(no offense),the pros in 1.6 scene have i7 processors and plays with direct x 11.
    so as i said the problem have nothing to do with software/bios/cpu/gpu/ram cuz i changed everything exapt for the mobo ofc,i even updated the bios witch is risky... after a lot of time trying to figure out what's wrong,we all come to the same answer eventually,it's the motherboard and nothing other than the motherboard,even this guy who created the topic he changed the whole pc exapt for the mobo...
  9. mindfreak137 said:
    well,as makakin21 says in the topic,the problem exists with bots as well,so it's not an internet problem,i my self tried playing with the integrated chipset,with an nvidia gt210 and with an hd radeon 5770 and the problem exists while playing with everyone of the main cards,i know a guy who have the gt210 and plays the game with no issues,and our problem my friend is not lag,its "bad bullet registery",and u seem talking without much of knowledge about the game(no offense),the pros in 1.6 scene have i7 processors and plays with direct x 11.
    so as i said the problem have nothing to do with software/bios/cpu/gpu/ram cuz i changed everything exapt for the mobo ofc,i even updated the bios witch is risky... after a lot of time trying to figure out what's wrong,we all come to the same answer eventually,it's the motherboard and nothing other than the motherboard,even this guy who created the topic he changed the whole pc exapt for the mobo...

Well then I may be mistaken with the actual game. While typing counterstrike 1.6 the details and requirements are as shown above and I do not see a point where this game uses i7 or directx 11. Well I may be mistaken so post some links to some in-game screenshots.
  10. Thankd mindfreak137 you said it all.
    More and more peoples from cs isnt smooth thread confirmed my theory about motherboard.

We are trying to find problem with is caused by motherboard
    Problem which comes from motherboard.
    We have fact that this happens on Newer hardware BUT same on old HW.
    Very old mobo with this prob: Asrock K7VT4
    New mobo: 780T-D3L.
    This is for example.
    Can motherboard slowdown something? Issue between cpu and mobo? issue between gpu and mobo?
    Can someone give's me a list of most issues between gpu / cpu with mobo?
    What we should try or make some test?.
    As i said we are finding an issue which is caused because OF MOTHERBOARD.
  11. makakin21 said:
    Thankd mindfreak137 you said it all.
    More and more peoples from cs isnt smooth thread confirmed my theory about motherboard.

We are trying to find problem with is caused by motherboard
    Problem which comes from motherboard.
    We have fact that this happens on Newer hardware BUT same on old HW.
    Very old mobo with this prob: Asrock K7VT4
    New mobo: 780T-D3L.
    This is for example.
    Can motherboard slowdown something? Issue between cpu and mobo? issue between gpu and mobo?
    Can someone give's me a list of most issues between gpu / cpu with mobo?
    What we should try or make some test?.
    As i said we are finding an issue which is caused because OF MOTHERBOARD.

As I said...I maybe wrong about the exact game but not about the main board playing no role in gaming. Don't believe me ? Ask anywhere in tom's.... in any other forum.....Problem lies in your gpu/os/graphics driver/some autonomous background software.
  12. SPEED94 said:
    As I said...I maybe wrong about the exact game but not about the main board playing no role in gaming. Don't believe me ? Ask anywhere in tom's.... in any other forum.....Problem lies in your gpu/os/graphics driver/some autonomous background software.

explain more plzz :[
    what u mean with Problem lies in your gpu/os/graphics ...
  13. tricktrick said:
    explain more plzz :[
    what u mean with Problem lies in your gpu/os/graphics ...

I mean that maybe the game isn't compatible with the os or the graphics. I can not say for sure that the game is what I have been thinking as some of steam players has objected me but I think its the same old game. It will not work with any modern graphics card.Just put a P4 mainboard without any graphics card combined with windows xp 32 bit or earlier.It should run fine.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Games