1conor5

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
Hi there, first off I'm new to this and dont know how the forums work. Anyhow, I recently built my first PC and it went relatively well it was all up and running when I noticed that the fan at the back of the case worked fine but the one at the front wasnt working at all? The fans were connected to the PSU so I tried connecting them to the motherboard as well and then just the motherboard on its own but when I did this the PC wouldnt even turn on? Anyway, I would be really greatful for any help as I am a bit of a novice when it comes to PCs and need all the help I can get!

My Specs:

Intel Core i5 2500k socket 1155

Gigabyte GA-H67MA-USB3-B3

Asus geforce gtx 560ti

Novatech 4bg DDR3 1x4gb

Samsung S222AB DVDRW

Novatech prowler case version II

Novatech powerstation 600w silent

Caviar 500gb 16mb 7200 sata 6g

:)

It looks like the case has a fan speed controller.
Normally, you would connect the psu to the fan controller input via a 4 pin molex connector, then connect the fan to the controller output.

Connecting the 3 pin fan lead to the motherboard fan header should work too unless it consumes an abnormal amount of watts. If it makes your pc not start up, then perhaps there is a short in the front fan, and it should be replaced.

1conor5

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011

I've tried with the fan connected to the motherboard, the fan connected to the psu and with the fan connected to both at the same time :) It would only turn on when connected just to the power supply, and even then only the back one worked.

1conor5

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011

I'll contact Novatech tomorrow and ask them about this, I think I may as well bring the machine to them and get them to fix it.