Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Is RipjawsX 8GB DDR3 2133Mhz compatible with Asrock Z77 Extreme 4?

Last response: in Memory
January 14, 2013 2:35:54 PM

RipjawsX 8GB DDR3 2133Mhz (F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM)

I have bought this RAM yesterday and when I visited their website, the Asrock Z77 extreme 4 motherboard is not included in the qualified motherboard list. My question is, will this sticks work properly in this motherboard? If not, what will happen with my system if I still continue to use these?

Please advise.

a c 558 V Motherboard
a b } Memory
January 14, 2013 5:03:43 PM

Hi,
Install CPU-Z and check the speed. I think that as long as you run them at default settings there will be no issues. How much memory does the system see?
Score

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
a c 102 } Memory
January 14, 2013 5:40:34 PM

Should be no problem at all, just make sure to configure settings in BIOS/EFI since the memory is much above standard. With the proper settings, your system should be fast and stable.

Thank you
GSKILL SUPPORT

Related resources
January 14, 2013 9:20:40 PM

Best answer selected by khatz.
Score
January 14, 2013 9:21:45 PM

gskill support said:
Should be no problem at all, just make sure to configure settings in BIOS/EFI since the memory is much above standard. With the proper settings, your system should be fast and stable.

Thank you
GSKILL SUPPORT

Thanks! If I add another 2 sticks of the same model, would it be fine?
Score
February 3, 2013 3:53:35 PM

gskill support said:

Thank you
GSKILL SUPPORT

so...just "configure" the setting? Do what with them? what is a efi? I most likely will not being doing any of that because I have no clue what your talking about..but I got this same memory and motherboard. Will it work or not? is there a guide you can link. Please explain what you mean by "configure".. I hate googling a question just to get wayyy more confused and worried. What do I configure, where is it, what do I do with it when I find it, AND WILL THIS MOTHERBOARD WORK WITH THIS RAM OR NOT ?
Score
!