can router or nic connect to bluetooth?

HI folks. I recently got a bluetooth enabled phone and I want to
connect to my PC to transfer things. Before I go out and buy a new
device I'm wondering if my wireless router or nic are able to
communicate via bluetooth or do I need some special BT device. The
reason I ask is when I loaded my wireless nic a few years ago it
mentioned something about bluetooth . thanks for any help.

Gary
1 answer Last reply
More about router connect bluetooth

    gnui2004@yahoo.ca wrote:
    > HI folks. I recently got a bluetooth enabled phone and I want to
    > connect to my PC to transfer things. Before I go out and buy a new
    > device I'm wondering if my wireless router or nic are able to
    > communicate via bluetooth or do I need some special BT device. The
    > reason I ask is when I loaded my wireless nic a few years ago it
    > mentioned something about bluetooth . thanks for any help.
    >
    > Gary

    Without knowing the precise model of NIC you have, it's hard to say, but
    I've not heard of any wireless NICs that support both wi-fi (802.11)
    *and* Bluetooth. But saying I've not heard of one doesn't mean that they
    don't exist.

    The simplest solution is to get a USB Bluetooth dongle & plug it into
    your PC. I've used both Belkin & Kensington dongles to good effect & I'm
    sure others here have their favorite brand names. They run in the
    vicinity of $40 US.

    If you want to connect via Bluetooth to your Internet connection, you'll
    need to configure your LAN IP addresses at the router level. While it's
    written for Palm devices specifically, http://www.whizoo.com/bt_setup/
    is instructive.

    Good luck!

    Joe
    --
    "Obviously, I'm not an IBM computer any more than I'm an ashtray."
    - Bob Dylan

Bluetooth NIC Connection