Asus Maximus V Formula wont post

Hey,

Before you guys send me the link about post, no video, and etc.. The computer is posting and working fine if I insert the memory on the right side of the memory module but if I insert the memory on the left the computer wont post at all and keeps restarting itself.. Can anyone explain what's going on? I called asus technical support and the guy didn't have a clue..
9 answers Last reply
More about asus maximus formula wont post
  1. Hi, You mean you can't use all slots?
    If yes, then it might be a bent pins issue.
    If deciding to uninstall the CPU, use a magnifying glass or take a high res picture for inspecting the CPU socket for bent pins.
    Try testing the board outside the case firstly (to rule out a shorting issue).
  2. Reporting back.. The memory slots are working on the right side but the left memory slot isn't working, and the MOBO is reporting a 55 error "No memory installed"..
  3. Then I suggest testing the board outside the case and if still the same, checking the CPU socket for bent pins.
  4. What if the pins are bent? what can I do? Rma? I just received the mobo 2 days ago,
  5. It depends on how bent they are. Sometimes they can be straightened.
  6. alexoiu good job! Yup the pins are definitely bent..
  7. let me charge my phone and take a high res photo for you
  8. Here's a high res photo of the socket it looks to be that one pin is bent.. fixable? It seems like it and I honestly dont want to screw it up and be blame if I try to RMA
    alexoiu said:
    It depends on how bent they are. Sometimes they can be straightened.
  9. I would contact the reseller firstly or ASUS. It looks like fixable, but if you broke it...
    Try to RMA the board.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Computer Memory Motherboards