Sign in with
Your question

ASUS Xonar DG hissing noise

Last response: in Components
March 10, 2012 6:20:23 AM

I purchased the Xonar DG a few weeks ago. I get a loud hiss/buzz sound whenever I start to play any media. This noise ONLY occurs when I play a media file. If I am not playing anything there is no noise, and all is fine. For example, I click on a random Youtube video and then pause it real quick and I can hear the annoying hiss/buzz for a few seconds, and then it goes away..but if I continue to play the media, it will return and stay for the duration.

I've tried re-seating the card. I've tried inserting it into another PCI Slot. Nothing seems to fix the issue.

Please help me? Thank you.
March 20, 2012 3:07:04 AM

Try to turn off SVN in the Xonar DG audio center.
m
l
March 20, 2012 4:23:45 AM

Did that already. Did not do it.
m
l
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
March 20, 2012 11:40:33 AM

Think its normal. Windows tends to keep the audio output open for a few seconds after the last audio signal gets sent through, so if there is a brief pause in playback the audio output ports don't rapidly turn on/off, which in theory could damage the relays if it happens enough. My Xense does the same thing, as does my Realtek onboard chipset, and my G35 from logitech.
m
l
March 20, 2012 4:51:32 PM

I've never had this issue with my onboard realtek. If I have something playing softly in the background, I can hear the hiss noise over the media..it tends to get annoying at times. However, if I have a song or whatever else playing loudly, then I cannot hear it.
m
l
June 13, 2012 9:48:55 PM

I own a Xonar DG, and I get a high pitched blip each time I pause a YouTube video, or undo the pause. Sometimes is very loud and annoying. I use earphones, so it gets very aggravating.

I wrote to Asus tech support, and they just gave me the middle finger. It is a drivers issue (but may be YouTube or Flash itself to blame).
m
l
June 20, 2012 2:00:59 AM

Where is the sound card located? Right next to the GPU?
m
l
!