Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Gigabyte 970 and FX CPU

Last response: in Motherboards
January 14, 2013 6:53:15 PM

Hello
Currently i have a Gigabyte 970 ud3 motherboard with a AMD FX-4100 4 core CPU.Its almost a year old and I was thinking about getting the newer AMD FX-6300 6 core CPU. OK my question is that. If i would get the new AMD FX-6300 Vishera CPU. Would i have to get my bios flashed to do so? I have never done anything like that befor and going to be little hesitant about getting the CPU if i have to.

Thanks any input on this would be great Appreciated!!

More about : gigabyte 970 cpu

a c 113 à CPUs
a b À AMD
a c 557 V Motherboard
January 14, 2013 7:14:45 PM

Hi,
What rev. for the board (1.0, 1.2, 3.0) and what's the board BIOS version? You can find the info with CPU-Z.
m
l
January 14, 2013 7:18:10 PM

CPU-Z says F6
m
l
Related resources
January 14, 2013 7:21:54 PM

Rev 1.1
Bios F6
m
l

Best solution

a c 113 à CPUs
a b À AMD
a c 557 V Motherboard
January 14, 2013 7:33:59 PM

http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-p...
The CPU requires the F7 version, so if upgrading the CPU, you would need to update the BIOS firstly.

The manual says:
1. From GIGABYTE's website, download the latest compressed BIOS update file that matches your motherboard model.
2. Extract the file and save the new BIOS file (e.g. 970AUD3.F1) to your USB flash drive or USB hard drive. Note: The USB flash drive or hard drive must use FAT32/16/12 file system.
3. Restart the system. During the POST, press the <End> key to enter Q-Flash
4. Insert the USB flash drive containing the BIOS file into the computer. In the main menu of Q-Flash, use the up or down arrow key to select Update BIOS from Drive and press <Enter>.
5. The process of the system reading the BIOS file from the USB flash drive is displayed on the screen. When the message "Are you sure to update BIOS?" appears, press <Enter> to begin the BIOS update. The monitor will display the update process.
6. When the update process is complete, press any key to return to the main menu.
• Do not turn off or restart the system when the system is reading/updating the BIOS.
• Do not remove the USB flash drive or hard drive when the system is updating the BIOS.
January 14, 2013 7:56:00 PM

Best answer selected by WiscoDank.
m
l
!