What My PC Needs?

Seminaljim

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
Hi guys, I build this PC about 6 months ago as a wee pet project to keep myself busy... please let me know what you's think and what should i try out next... been thinking of cooling, and maybe trying an all-in-one water cooler. and also been thinking of a new GPU cause i got a copy of Call of Duty MW3 and its a bit jittery... anyhow, what you's guys think?

- ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
- AMD Phenom II x6 3.2GHz (Black Edition)
- 8GB (2 x 4GB) Komputerbay Memory
- XFX Radion HD 5870
- WD VelociRaptor 160GB
- WD Caviar Blue 500GB

Handles most games, Crysis 1 & 2, Just Cause 2, and most things, should i bother with the water cooling or GPU?

PS. Gettin new HD TV soon, would be nice to play games on that without jitters, etc...

What yous think?

Jim.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Base build looks great with good specs.

Getting an SSD over that Veloci will result in some improved performance. Upgrading the GPU will also provide alot more performance from a gaming point of view. The CPU, Mobo and RAM all look perfect so adding some more GPU power would be the way to go.

Water-cooling is "pointless" in this case, and wont gain you much noticeable performance at all compared to what adding another/a new GPU would do.

Depending on your PSU you could consider adding a second GPU card in CrossFire, or buy an entirely new one when the new series comes out (yes id recommend wait a month or so).

Emelth

Distinguished
I would just up the GPU I really dont care much about SSDs but if you play a lot of RPG games with lots of loading and want the OS to boot up faster then by all means grab one (Crucial M4 or OCZ are pretty good SSDs).