Sign in with
Your question

Blue Screen to Infinite Startup Repair Loop

Last response: in Motherboards
January 14, 2013 10:02:46 PM

Alright well I just purchased a computer recently and have been having some serious issues with it. A week or 2 ago my power supply started smoking and just completely stopped working so I sent it back and got a replacement. I plugged everything into its appropriate places (at least for what I know), and it does kind of start up. I can turn the computer on, get into BIOS, but after that is where the problem begins. In the middle of the Windows logo coming together it blue screens for half of a second, then restarts, then sends me to this startup repair window. I have run the startup repair thing at least 30 times, obviously coming to no avail. I have absolutely no clue what is wrong. I am running a GIGABYTE Z77-DS3H Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard Motherboard, an i7 3770 Ivy Bridge, 4 4GB RAM cards, a Nvidia GTX 670 2GB graphics card, and a Solid Gear ATX Power Supply at the moment. I have tried using each RAM card individually to see if there was anything wrong with any of them, but there was no change. I have a Gigabyte UEFI DualBios if that helps at all. I'm not insanely savvy when it comes to the whole BIOS thing so I don't know how to check if something is wrong or what. I was able to spam my camera and get a picture of the error code of the blue screen luckily. The error code is 0x0000007e (0xFFFFF880009A97E8, 0xFFFFFFx0000000000000000). It said it might be because of my hard drive, but I have no clue how to test if that is the problem. If anyone has any idea of what could be going on, it would be very much appreciated.
a b V Motherboard
January 15, 2013 1:00:20 AM

What if just skip away repair process and go directly to Windows and check even viewer there? most time repair process does nothing helpful to repaire anything.
Also try to take out memories and insert them again, or just insert one for test at a time to see if problem disappeared.
m
l
January 15, 2013 1:34:28 AM

BerylLee said:
What if just skip away repair process and go directly to Windows and check even viewer there? most time repair process does nothing helpful to repaire anything.
Also try to take out memories and insert them again, or just insert one for test at a time to see if problem disappeared.

Thanks. I actually ended up figuring out the problem (well I'm like 90% sure). I think when my power supply fried it took my hard drive with it. That seems to be the problem.
m
l
!