Ram doesnt support chipset, Problem?

seumas_beathan

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Hey guys, a few days ago my G.skill Ripjaws ddr3 ram arrived for my Gigabyte G41MT-S2PT motherboard.

Everything was working fine for about 10 minutes then i got a BSOD - Bad_pool_header

Since then every few hours i get one, I have had, system_service_exception, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

All of these when i googled them said it was either a hardware problem or a driver issue, But page_fault_in_nonpaged_area said it was to do with ram.

Now this ram is a few days old so its fine right? But then i went on to the products on the G.skill site and saw this
Specification

System Desktop
System Type DDR3
M/B Chipset

Intel Z68

Intel P67

Intel H67

Intel H61

Intel P55

Intel H55

Intel P45

Intel P35

Intel X58

AMD 890 Series

AMD 790 Series

AMD 785 Series

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=316

No G41 support

Could this be what is causing the problem, it would be great if someone could help, Thanks

matt2155

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012

Yeah most likely, but the thing I don't get is, if it wasn't compatible with your chipset, I don't know how it pasts the post screen.

But from what I have read about your motherboard and your ram, your chipset does not support it.

seumas_beathan

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

Yh i was thinking that to, Also could there be a problem with my cpu?

The temps are dodgy, it says its at 11c and also it wont overclock at all, iv had it at 3.4 before fine but now it wont even go to 2.8

matt2155

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
When did this all start to happen ?

And not too sure if it is your CPU, you will need to go more in depth with the problem.
I have never come across a problem with a CPU unless they have been cooked while overclocking or not been built into the case properly.

It may be a motherboard problem.

seumas_beathan

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
The motherboard is brand new, only got it about a week ago, Basicilly about a month ago a bad psu broke my mobo, so i ordered the new one and some new ram and not its not working

matt2155

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
Put your old ram in and see how that works.

If that works, then we know it's a RAM problem, but if that doesn't, its more than the ram.

matt2155

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
Just did a bit more research on the problem and came up with nothing.
I would say that the ram is not compatible with your motherboard, because the ram is compatible with the latest Intel/AMD processors/sockets.

Best bet is to next time always look if your ram is compatible with the motherboard.