How to Increase Internal Volume Settings

Last response: in Technologies
July 18, 2005 4:31:13 PM

Re: Jabra BT 250v and the Motorola HS850 headsets.

I am hearing impaired due to multiple gunshot wounds..

I have just tweaked the volume on my new Motorola Razr V3 Phone by hacking
into the "internal gain table" and raising the default setting from (1) to
(7) out of a maximum (8). This is a very helpful move; It works VERY WELL,
with little distortion. (Motorola had told me that it was "impossible" to
increase the factory settings).

I have both the Jabra BT 250v and the Motorola HS850 headsets. These are
good units --but I NEED more volume that the factory setting provide.

My question is: Can anyone tell me how to increase the internal settings
like I did in my phone? There must be some "modding" folk out there as
there are in the Cell Phone community. I found out on line how to change
the internal phone volume settings (via a couple software programs). Now how
about the Bluetooth, headsets? It seems that with the wireless
capabilities, one should be able to hook-up and get into the gain setting
tables.

BTW, I've found the less expensive Jabra BT 250v to have more volume than
the Motorola HS850, and I was able to fit the reversible earbud with a small
vinyl tube which I fitted with a foam plug that goes deeper into my ear
canal, (it gets the sound in there and helps block out the outside noises).
I also like the vibration alert. I just wish it wasn't so darn large.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me with this problem.
StanfordLYNX
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 2:00:13 AM

"stanfordlynx" <stanfordlynx@Charter.net> wrote in

> Re: Jabra BT 250v and the Motorola HS850 headsets.
>
> I am hearing impaired due to multiple gunshot wounds..
>
> I have just tweaked the volume on my new Motorola Razr V3 Phone by
> hacking into the "internal gain table" and raising the default setting
> from (1) to (7) out of a maximum (8). This is a very helpful move; It
> works VERY WELL, with little distortion. (Motorola had told me that
> it was "impossible" to increase the factory settings).
>
> I have both the Jabra BT 250v and the Motorola HS850 headsets. These
> are good units --but I NEED more volume that the factory setting
> provide.
>
> My question is: Can anyone tell me how to increase the internal
> settings like I did in my phone? There must be some "modding" folk
> out there as there are in the Cell Phone community. I found out on
> line how to change the internal phone volume settings (via a couple
> software programs). Now how about the Bluetooth, headsets? It seems
> that with the wireless capabilities, one should be able to hook-up and
> get into the gain setting tables.
>
> BTW, I've found the less expensive Jabra BT 250v to have more volume
> than the Motorola HS850, and I was able to fit the reversible earbud
> with a small vinyl tube which I fitted with a foam plug that goes
> deeper into my ear canal, (it gets the sound in there and helps block
> out the outside noises). I also like the vibration alert. I just wish
> it wasn't so darn large.
>
> Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me with this problem.
> StanfordLYNX

will you tell me, step by step, how you increased the volume on your razr?
April 30, 2006 5:14:40 PM

Quote:
[...]

Related resources
May 16, 2006 7:20:28 PM

I am in the same boat. Need more volume. Can you be more specific as to how you got into the phone. What tools did you use ? There are a lot of tools out there however I do not what to start from scratch. Sounds like you mastered it. Please advise...
Thanks.
April 5, 2009 11:10:29 AM

jimmys-garage said:
I am in the same boat. Need more volume. Can you be more specific as to how you got into the phone. What tools did you use ? There are a lot of tools out there however I do not what to start from scratch. Sounds like you mastered it. Please advise...
Thanks.

i will want to increase my volume on my phone please
!