font additions

August 22, 2004 9:39:54 PM

I have no problem downloading dingbat type fonts. However,
I am at a loss actually using them in my WORD programs,
etc. How do I incorporate new fonts into the long listing
of FONTS included in Windows XP? If I import them to that
site, how do I find them for use? Hope somebody can help.
My thanks for any assistance!!

More about : font additions

Anonymous
August 23, 2004 3:24:44 AM

rek wrote:
> I have no problem downloading dingbat type fonts. However,
> I am at a loss actually using them in my WORD programs,
> etc. How do I incorporate new fonts into the long listing
> of FONTS included in Windows XP? If I import them to that
> site, how do I find them for use? Hope somebody can help.
> My thanks for any assistance!!

Any fonts that are installed in XP should automatically be listed in the
Fonts drop down menu when in Word.

To install fonts.
Open Control Panel/Fonts.
Click File/Install Font.
In the install dialog box, select the drive and folder where the new font
file is located. The
font name should appear in the List of Fonts window, select it there and
click OK. If you wish to install multiple fonts simply hold down the CTRL
key while you select each font. Make sure that the "Copy fonts to fonts
folder" option is selected.

--
Regards,

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

http://www.dts-l.org
http://www.mvps.org
Anonymous
August 23, 2004 4:31:23 PM

If you just want to use a particular character in a word document, use
'character map' to select the font and character.. it is easy to use..

!