font additions

I have no problem downloading dingbat type fonts. However,
I am at a loss actually using them in my WORD programs,
etc. How do I incorporate new fonts into the long listing
of FONTS included in Windows XP? If I import them to that
site, how do I find them for use? Hope somebody can help.
My thanks for any assistance!!
2 answers Last reply
More about font additions

    rek wrote:
    > I have no problem downloading dingbat type fonts. However,
    > I am at a loss actually using them in my WORD programs,
    > etc. How do I incorporate new fonts into the long listing
    > of FONTS included in Windows XP? If I import them to that
    > site, how do I find them for use? Hope somebody can help.
    > My thanks for any assistance!!

    Any fonts that are installed in XP should automatically be listed in the
    Fonts drop down menu when in Word.

    To install fonts.
    Open Control Panel/Fonts.
    Click File/Install Font.
    In the install dialog box, select the drive and folder where the new font
    file is located. The
    font name should appear in the List of Fonts window, select it there and
    click OK. If you wish to install multiple fonts simply hold down the CTRL
    key while you select each font. Make sure that the "Copy fonts to fonts
    folder" option is selected.

    --
    Regards,

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    http://www.dts-l.org
    http://www.mvps.org

    If you just want to use a particular character in a word document, use
    'character map' to select the font and character.. it is easy to use..

    "rek" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have no problem downloading dingbat type fonts. However,
    > I am at a loss actually using them in my WORD programs,
    > etc. How do I incorporate new fonts into the long listing
    > of FONTS included in Windows XP? If I import them to that
    > site, how do I find them for use? Hope somebody can help.
    > My thanks for any assistance!!

Configuration Font Customization Windows XP