Crosshair V Formula Z lost drivers

swat777

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Brand new build with win 7 home premium (legal) When I first got it connected and updated drivers everything was fine. Everything was up to date. Powered off for the night. Next day powered on and No internet connections. Device manager shows No network adapters and lan controllers. Ran troubleshooter and it states no drivers for net adapter. Ran mobo CD setup and rebooted. Still No connection or network adapters. Network adapters will be hidden and only show win miniports. Tried everything possible that I could think of to get them back and working. Reset the board, download drivers from a different laptop and transfer over, update BIOS, another clean install of windows 7, unplug power and pull battery from the board, and checked and rechecked the BIOS settings. I'm at complete loss of what to try but I'm seriously thinking the board Just died. Internet working fine and Ethernet cable is new. No lights where the cable is connected on the board. (They were on when things were working.) ANY HELP PLEASE. About to return for an exchange if it's considered a dead board to which I'm leaning towards.

Using amd Fx 8350
Gigabyte 660ti
Samsung pro ssd 128gb and western digital caviar black 1tb
cosair hx750 psu
corsair h100
windows 7 home premium 64 bit (full version)
Asus optical drive
Case=Thor V2

Solution
sounds like the board died on you. if the ethernet port is turned on in bios. i would check to see if the i\o shield or anything is shorting the mb out. if it looks fine start the rma..but try outside the case the mb with one dimm and onboard video if it has it and see if the ethernet port show any link light.
sounds like the board died on you. if the ethernet port is turned on in bios. i would check to see if the i\o shield or anything is shorting the mb out. if it looks fine start the rma..but try outside the case the mb with one dimm and onboard video if it has it and see if the ethernet port show any link light.

Solution

jdcaron1987

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
Okay... So I'm not here to post a solution. I also am having the same problem. I just built a computer using the Crosshair V Formula-Z with the FX 8350. The only difference is that I not once have be able to get internet connection. When I try to install the driver, it says there is no device the to install the driver for. Everything else works great, just cannot get the onboard LAN to work... I'm about to just go buy a network card... :-/ HELP ME! :(

swat777

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

I spent about 2 days trying to get mine to work and just decided to exchange it for a different one (Same Board). Received it about a week later from my original posting. Hooked it up and everything has been running smoothly ever since. Seems like your having the same issue I had. I would just exchange it for a different one.