My first build, how'd I do?

So I finished my first build a couple days ago. I think I did pretty well. I was able to put it all together and get it going without any problem. Didn't need a guide or anything; it almost seemed too easy. Except for one problem I'll get to later.

Intel i5-2500k
Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 (USB3, SATA6)
Cooler Master GX450W 80+ Bronze
NZXT 210 case
Intel 320 120GB SSD
GSkill RipJaws 8GB DDR1600
Samsung DVDRW
Rosewill PCIE Wireless N
Windows 7 OEM

Total: $636.79, After Rebates: $501.79
I also got a $50 credit from newegg for an inventory mistake on their part and Battlefield 3 for free in a package deal which Im selling on Ebay. Say I net $20 on Battlefield, add that to the $50 credit and that nets the computer out to $431.79.

$431.79 for this machine? Pretty good right?

I was on here a couple months ago asking a few questions so thanks to everyone who helped me out back then.

The one problem I have is I hear a high pitched sound coming from near the processor on the motherboard. From what Ive read it sounds like a relatively common motherboard problem and the only solution is RMA. Any input on that?
2 answers Last reply
More about build
  1. Check to make sure the sound is not coming from the power supply.

Check the grounding.

After that, RMA the noisy component.
  2. Thanks for the response. I narrowed it down to right between the processor and the ports on the mother board. Definitely not the psu. How am I supposed to check the grounding? I thought the case functioned as the ground. Was I supposed to run a ground wire on any componenets?
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems