December 6, 2011 2:43:09 AM

First of all, hello to everybody..
This are my specs:
Asus p8h67-m pro
intel i5 2500
gskill 1333 mhz 1.5v (ripjawsx) (2x2gb)
Cooler master extreme power plus 700w
cooler master Case

Well my PC has been working fine for over 4 weeks, with only a problem, RAM sockets 1 and 2 don't work, so I have my DIMMS connected in the third and fourth socket. (i was going to change my mobo, but hadn't enough time). Now, yesterday I was plaing a game and it suddenly died.
I tried powering it up and nothing, it just emits a high pitched noise coming I THINK from the 4 pin+4 pin 12v connector. I tried another PSU and THE SAME. I tried my PSU in another PC and it works. My Pc has been working for aproximately 1 month without problems. only the 1st and 2nd RAM socket not working.
When I try to power it up, the 4 pin 12v cables from the PSU move :S. for less than a sec, the same amount as the pitched noise. If I try to power it on without the +12v CPU cables connected It tries to boot for about a sec, fans spin, and it dies (that's normal), but twhen I try to do it with either one or the other or both 12v CPU cables connected, CPU fan spins like 1/40 of a complete spin and it dies.
Maybe The 12v 8 pin connector in the mobo is went bad? (caused by what? bad CPU, bad PSU)
maybe CPU is bad?
what can it be?

thank you very much

Augusto Bachmann
Buenos Aires, Argentina

More about : build working bad

December 6, 2011 2:50:13 AM

Looking at the PSU... Cooler Master...

THE SCUM OF PSUS!
m
l
December 6, 2011 2:51:38 AM

cutebeans said:
Looking at the PSU... Cooler Master...

THE SCUM OF PSUS!

What is that supposed to mean?
m
l
Related resources
December 6, 2011 2:56:48 AM

I think they may have had a similar experience to what I had as well. Got a 700 watt Cooler Master that died about 40 days after I got it, took almost a full month to get back to me when I RMA'd it just for it to go out again a few weeks later. I just threw it away for a Corsair and been running that for the past two years now.

I would try a new PSU before getting a new mobo.
m
l
December 6, 2011 3:03:33 AM

CoolerMaster kills Computer Rigs. =( I am sorry. It is one of the worst PSUs you can buy for the money. That's why they are so cheap because they will kill your comp too.
m
l
December 6, 2011 3:30:28 AM

I installed a coolermaster psu in my computer. I read some positive reviews on it before purchasing. Mine is the GX450w 80+ bronze, which is a completely different design from the higher wattage less reliable models from the same line. Im very happy with it and I have a 5 year warranty. Hope this scum of a psu doesnt kill my computer...
m
l
December 6, 2011 3:36:06 AM

Don't worry the GX series are not as bad as the other cooler master CPUs :) .
m
l
December 6, 2011 3:56:14 AM

Oh damn :S.. So should I change it for a gx 750w if I have the chance? or it's not worth it?
And as I said before, I tried with another PSU and the same, doesnt boot, and this PSU boots another PC.. So it's not the PSU.
Thanks
m
l
December 6, 2011 4:05:29 AM

Im far from an expert but the thing you said about the high pitched noise is similar to something Im dealing with. So far all I get is the noise. Everything else works fine. Ive been reading about it and the only fix is to replace the board. google "motherboard squeal" to read more about it.
m
l
December 6, 2011 4:07:54 AM

But you're saying that everything else works, that measn that it boots and you can use it? my pitched noise coming from the 8pin for the CPU in the motherboard happens for les tahn a quarter of a second AT THE MOMENT in which i press the power on button. it tries to spin (cpu fan) for taht amount of time) and it dies.
m
l
December 6, 2011 4:13:37 AM

You really are in the wrong board though. :(  You need to go to troubleshooting not here.
m
l
December 6, 2011 4:17:58 AM

Yeah I dont know. My computer is new and its making this sound (its a constant sound) but everything else works fine. Its probably not the same as what you're dealing with. Just figured Id throw it there. Still though, if youve tested the psu, the problem is probably the motherboard.

Again, not an expert.
m
l
December 6, 2011 4:21:21 AM

Well thank you very much to both of you. And Yes, I realized I was in the wrong board. I'm sorry. I was in such a hurry that I guess I didn't check that.. I will see what can I do. And I will take the MOBO to the store with the warranty, and to first test it there wsith another psu,cpu,ram.
thanks again
m
l
December 6, 2011 4:33:57 AM

I did everything according to that guide.... :S
m
l
December 6, 2011 4:42:06 AM

Then it really must be your motherboard :( . Good luck replacing it.
m
l
December 6, 2011 4:56:18 AM

I found 4 CPU socket pins bended, and I put them back in their place with a magnifying glass and some tools, and now they look like brand new, in their right places. but it's still the same. it's like the motherboard is returning to the PSU all the electricity that goes from the PSU to the mobo by the ATX 12v 2x4 pins cables.
m
l
December 7, 2011 1:14:09 AM

Hey I got a question, a cooler mater silent pro 700w or a gx 750w ??
m
l
!