Sign in with
Your question

M11x R2 power board

Last response: in Motherboards
January 15, 2013 9:58:16 AM

My M11xr2 will not turn on. I ahve checked the voltage at the input and the battery. Both come up good so I am looking at the mother board or the power switch PCB. Any one got any idea if / were I can check the function of the on switch or the circuit on the MB to check?

I have a copy of the wire schematic but having a bit of trouble reading it being a newby at this. :pt1cable: 

More about : m11x power board

January 15, 2013 12:57:49 PM

When you disassemble the Notebook, you can test the on switch easily with an ohmmeter. If you press the button you shortcut a circuit and this leads to a resitance of the two pins of the switch, so it´s 0Ohm and if not pressed it is infinite.

Does the M11 beep several times or really doesn´t work at all? No LEDs?
m
l
January 17, 2013 10:26:50 AM

Thanks for the reply,
Last one first. No reaction at all when the button is pressed. No beeps no lights.
I have checked the press button with a meter and I get the switch working. there are 4 poles on the actual switch which I will number 1 through 4.
I get a 0 reading across 1-2 and 3-4 weather I press the button or not.
I get a reading from 1-3 and 1-4 and from 2-3 and 2-4 with the button pressed. I take it I can rule out the actual switch.
On the back of the card, there are 3 transistors and 3 resistors and one LED. And an 8 string/wire ribbon that connects the switch PCB to the MB.

I have attached a pic from Ebay of the board if it helps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/9HH5G-NEW-GENUINE-ORIGINAL-DELL...

Again. Thanks for the help.
m
l
!