Any generic Bluetooth USB drivers?

Last response: in Technologies
Share
July 19, 2005 12:44:21 AM

Hi

I have been given a bluetooth USB dongle of no brand. How can I find
some generic drivers for it?? Running XP SP1.

Many thanks
July 20, 2005 4:08:54 PM

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:44:21 GMT, 100550.3170@compuserve.com (MG)
wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have been given a bluetooth USB dongle of no brand. How can I find
>some generic drivers for it?? Running XP SP1.
>
>Many thanks

Try just plugging it in and let window do what it wants. If that
doesn't work, try running this
http://www.bvrp.com/customers/motorola/BTDriverFix.zip

It worked great for me. If it does work for you too, you may need to
re-run it one time for each USB port you have. Once you do it for
each port, you shouldn't need to do it again.
Good Luck
July 27, 2005 11:09:19 PM

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:08:54 GMT, Harry <harry@the.end> wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:44:21 GMT, 100550.3170@compuserve.com (MG)
>wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>
>>I have been given a bluetooth USB dongle of no brand. How can I find
>>some generic drivers for it?? Running XP SP1.
>>
>>Many thanks
>

>Try just plugging it in and let window do what it wants. If that
>doesn't work, try running this
>http://www.bvrp.com/customers/motorola/BTDriverFix.zip
>
>It worked great for me. If it does work for you too, you may need to
>re-run it one time for each USB port you have. Once you do it for
>each port, you shouldn't need to do it again.
>Good Luck

....thanks for the link Harry

Mark
Related resources
February 12, 2009 3:09:09 AM

I,ve got a similar problem as I purchased a usb bluetooth devicee a litle gren transparent case from Hong KOng 2 years back and cant find the driver disk that came with it tried recently to see if Windows XP would install any generic driver it could and found nothing checked links for generic usb bluetooth drivers just came up with Driver detective and don't think that will help as there is no cureent driver to update
If anybody ever seen the device I described and has the software or know where I can obtain it please reply care of this board
February 15, 2009 10:15:38 PM

technology jumped by miles since 2 years ago. windows vista apparently do not support third party bluetooth devices. windows xp seems to be more robust in doing things and is tolerant to upgrade stuff. i suggest you throw out that pesky dongle and keep up to date. maybe the next version of windows coming out this year will be mindful of us poor geeks who like to upgrade stuff instead of buying whole new systems.
February 15, 2009 10:16:34 PM

geeks rule
February 15, 2009 11:23:43 PM

I.m still an Xp user hate Vista with a Passion
April 7, 2009 3:28:35 AM

helloo........ I have ibm t30 but I don't have driver bluetooth. some body help me??
this my email: ichigo_Bleac@yahoo.com
if there are can help. please send for my email.
thanks
June 12, 2009 12:26:30 AM

I have a usb bluetooth with no brand. The problem is the control panel in my desktop does not show a Bluetooth icon. So I cannot use it. Why is there no Bluetooth icon in my control panel? I am using Windows XP SP3. What can be the problem?
July 22, 2009 2:51:15 AM

had same problem but found my disk
blue soleil v 1.4
try google for it
old version but hopefully could be useful and free :bounce:  good luck
March 12, 2011 5:23:20 AM

MG said:

Hi

I have been given a bluetooth USB dongle of no brand. How can I find
some generic drivers for it?? Running XP SP1.

Many thanks

Check out this bluetooth peripheral device site. It's a great place to find all generic drivers you need, including drivers for other types of hardware. Hope it helps!
April 14, 2011 7:10:27 AM

Yes this link provided is definitly helpful I am sure it can solve the problem of all nature related to your bluetooth.
!