Any generic Bluetooth USB drivers?

Hi

I have been given a bluetooth USB dongle of no brand. How can I find
some generic drivers for it?? Running XP SP1.

Many thanks
12 answers Last reply
More about generic bluetooth drivers

    On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:44:21 GMT, 100550.3170@compuserve.com (MG)
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I have been given a bluetooth USB dongle of no brand. How can I find
    >some generic drivers for it?? Running XP SP1.
    >
    >Many thanks

    Try just plugging it in and let window do what it wants. If that
    doesn't work, try running this
    http://www.bvrp.com/customers/motorola/BTDriverFix.zip

    It worked great for me. If it does work for you too, you may need to
    re-run it one time for each USB port you have. Once you do it for
    each port, you shouldn't need to do it again.
    Good Luck

    On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:08:54 GMT, Harry <harry@the.end> wrote:

    >On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:44:21 GMT, 100550.3170@compuserve.com (MG)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Hi
    >>
    >>I have been given a bluetooth USB dongle of no brand. How can I find
    >>some generic drivers for it?? Running XP SP1.
    >>
    >>Many thanks
    >

    >Try just plugging it in and let window do what it wants. If that
    >doesn't work, try running this
    >http://www.bvrp.com/customers/motorola/BTDriverFix.zip
    >
    >It worked great for me. If it does work for you too, you may need to
    >re-run it one time for each USB port you have. Once you do it for
    >each port, you shouldn't need to do it again.
    >Good Luck

    ....thanks for the link Harry

    Mark
  3. I,ve got a similar problem as I purchased a usb bluetooth devicee a litle gren transparent case from Hong KOng 2 years back and cant find the driver disk that came with it tried recently to see if Windows XP would install any generic driver it could and found nothing checked links for generic usb bluetooth drivers just came up with Driver detective and don't think that will help as there is no cureent driver to update
    If anybody ever seen the device I described and has the software or know where I can obtain it please reply care of this board
  4. technology jumped by miles since 2 years ago. windows vista apparently do not support third party bluetooth devices. windows xp seems to be more robust in doing things and is tolerant to upgrade stuff. i suggest you throw out that pesky dongle and keep up to date. maybe the next version of windows coming out this year will be mindful of us poor geeks who like to upgrade stuff instead of buying whole new systems.
  5. geeks rule
  6. I.m still an Xp user hate Vista with a Passion
  7. helloo........ I have ibm t30 but I don't have driver bluetooth. some body help me??
    this my email: ichigo_Bleac@yahoo.com
    if there are can help. please send for my email.
    thanks
  8. I have a usb bluetooth with no brand. The problem is the control panel in my desktop does not show a Bluetooth icon. So I cannot use it. Why is there no Bluetooth icon in my control panel? I am using Windows XP SP3. What can be the problem?
  9. You may try the Bluesoleil Driver (http://www.ivtcorporation.com)
  10. had same problem but found my disk
    blue soleil v 1.4
    try google for it
    old version but hopefully could be useful and free :bounce: good luck
  11. Yes this link provided is definitly helpful I am sure it can solve the problem of all nature related to your bluetooth.

Bluetooth Drivers USB