Sign in with
Your question

Does cheaper cabinets provide good cooling

Last response: in Components
March 10, 2012 1:37:14 PM

i was about to purchase antec 300 as it costs very much i though i could invest it on my gpu..so i observed the no of fans in antec 300 and brought a local cabinet with same type of airflow 2 120mm fans at side ,two 120mm at the back unfortunately i couldn't get fans at front and the top will the local case provides same cooling as antec 300 or just below it
a c 274 ) Power supply
March 10, 2012 1:44:08 PM

Buying a case without front intakes is a mistake.
If the 300 was too expensive the 100 is a very good case and cheaper.
Also CM offers decent budget cases with good fan mount options.
If the case you bought doesn't include a top exhaust mount and front intake mounts, you can't even mention it in the same category as the 300 = not even close!
A case with two side fan mounts is meaningless imo = only need one as an intake(preferably lower so it won't interfere with aftermarket heat sink installation)
m
l
March 10, 2012 3:47:35 PM

cases with superior airflow are only really needed in cases of extreme builds. for a mildly-OC cpu and a midrange, non-overvolted GPU just about any case will do.

NZXT makes some cheapy, flashy cases that are pretty good. Rosewill has some decent, very very cheap cases. CM also has some pretty good low end cases.

I have a low-end CM case (Ammo533), GTX280 and a C2D @ 33% OC, 1.38V and have zero heat problems.

Next gen cpus are also coming down on TDPs, and GPUs too.
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
March 10, 2012 3:51:02 PM

vishalaestro said:
i was about to purchase antec 300 as it costs very much i though i could invest it on my gpu..so i observed the no of fans in antec 300 and brought a local cabinet with same type of airflow 2 120mm fans at side ,two 120mm at the back unfortunately i couldn't get fans at front and the top will the local case provides same cooling as antec 300 or just below it

move the side fans (they do very little for cooling) to the front. with two front fans and two back/top your airflow will be more then enough for most gaming builds.
m
l
a c 1175 ) Power supply
March 10, 2012 4:14:19 PM

If it's the Zebronics Antibiotic case you should be able to add/move a single 120 mm fan to the front of the case where the manufacturer has conveniently put fan vent holes for that purpose located just in front of the lower 3.25 inch HDD bays.
m
l
March 11, 2012 6:12:19 AM

so pls say what are the spots where the exhaust to be located so that i will buy a local case containing such type of exhaust..
m
l
!