Sign in with
Your question

New RAM = No signal to monitor/keyboard

Last response: in Memory
January 15, 2013 1:26:58 PM

Motherboard:

RAM slots with the 2GB ram that works:

RAM I want to put into the DDR3 slot:

Okay I have two DDR3 slots and I have bought 2 x 2GB of RAM. However, when I insert the RAM in and load up my computer no signal from my computer leaves to any devices (Keyboard, Monitor, Mouse, Mic etc.) so there must be a problem with the RAM, Becuase when I take the new RAM out it then will work. I know 100% it's not the motherboard or the graphics card, I do have an idea that it is the compatibility of the processor and the RAM. My question is, How can I change setting in the BIOS (with the old RAM in by itself) to allow the new RAM to work, or if this RAM is actually compatible?

Thanks in advance! (Hopefully the pictures worked, if not ask me and I will maually write in the specs I know)
Lev,
a c 80 } Memory
a c 444 V Motherboard
January 15, 2013 2:11:42 PM

Removing the CMOS battery (small button battery on the MB), take out the 2GB RAM (old one), you need two RAMs to run in the daul channel mode to get batter performance.

Install the 2X2GB RAM, to see you can boot the PC.

If not, try one at a time to see which one is bad, then return it.
January 15, 2013 4:05:58 PM

Unplug the pc>hold power button for a few seconds to take all the electricity still in>Take the CMOS battery out for a minute or so then put it back in>put new rams into Slot 1(closes to ur cpu) and into Slot 3 to allow dual channel(ram slots should be color coded anyways)>plug pc and try it :) 

Hopefully it works I thought I was the only one who had this trouble, I just recently changed my rams few hours ago myself. :D 
January 15, 2013 5:00:59 PM

Hi guys, thanks for all the feedback, I don't think I realized that you cannot have DDR2 and DDR3 slots in use at the same time, I tried putting my new ram into the DDR3 without my old one which was in DDR2 and everything worked :) 
Shame because I would have had 6GB of RAM but now have 4GB :c
!