Sign in with
Your question

HDCP problem with Virtu and 2 x 5870

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 10, 2011 10:06:52 AM

Hi all,

Having problems playing blu-rays on my comp, both programs (TotalMedia 5 and 3, PowerDVD 11) say that something is not HDCP compatible:

Specs:

Core i5 2500k
Asus P8Z68-V Pro
4gb DDR3-12800 Corsair Dominator
2 x Ati 5870 (1 gigabyte and 1 msi)
Creative X-fi xtrememusic
120gb OCZ Vertex 2E
2 x 1TB WD RAID0
Samsung 2243BW connected via DVI
LG CH08LS10 Bluray reader

I was able to play them perfectly fine before I added the 2nd 5870 (gigabyte) so I know all my hardware is HDCP compatible.

Currently using the 11.9 Catalyst drivers with latest Intel drivers and Virtu and Crossfire X enabled.

I was able to narrow it down to a Virtu/Crossfire issue. HDCP seems to work fine in i-mode but fails in d-mode. I can't leave my display connected in i-mode and waste a 5870 so was wondering if anyone had any solutions or workarounds?
January 29, 2012 8:46:09 PM

I had a similar problem and got things working again by doing the following:
1. uninstall the Virtu program from within Windows
2. go into Windows Device Manager and uninstall (and remove) the video drivers for the 5870 card(s)
3. restart your computer and let Windows find and install device drivers
4. Try one of the things that wasn't working - if things are working now, then reinstall the Windows Virtu program

If this doesn't work follow the above through #3 and then on reboot go into your BIOS and disable the Virtu option (I am assuming you were using Virtu D and had your monitor plugged into your video card). Then allow Windows to reinstall your video card drivers. If things are working at this point, reboot and go back into your BIOS and enable the Virtu D option. Then if everything is working reinstall Virtu in Windows. Use the Virtu release from 1/5/12.

This worked for me.
Good luck!
m
l
July 1, 2012 3:33:06 AM

I am having the same issue, all of my gear is/was HDCP compliant until I installed a second HD4870.

System specs.
Asus VW246H over a DVI-D connector.
AMD Phenom II 955 BE
Two Asus HD4870 512BK in Crossfire.

I used to be able to watch a blu-ray whenever I wanted to, but I popped one in tonight and got this...

I'm currently running what I think is the latest version of Catalyst, 12.4.
m
l
Related resources
!