BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
I'm signing up for verizon DSL and they have sent me a westell model # A90 327w15-06 router/modem. I have read some documemtation on this product but cannot find a manual for it. I would rather use a router/modem I can learn to use than one I know little about. Can anyone recommend a router/modem with both RJ-11 and RJ-45 hookups for DSL. Thanks Bruce

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

riser

Illustrious
They're all basically the same.. you shouldn't really need a manual to learn it. log into it, look around.

As far as the RJ-11 jack, I'm not really up-to-date on that, but I don't think they make those.. if you're thinking you're going to go doing VoIP or something, you need special equipment for that.

BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
The RJ11 jack is how the DSL come to your home through the telephone line so if the modem does not have a tele jack and just cat 5 then I can'e use it. Where would find the address to log onto the modem router if you don't have a manual. Thanks

riser

Illustrious
I was thinking you wanted an additional RJ11 for hooking up a phone or something.

Check your IP address... you'll probably have something like 192.168.0.100 or 192.168.1.100.

Regardless.. take the first 3 sets.. the router will normally be set to .1.. so the router's IP address will most likely be 192.168.x.1.

Username/passwords could be anything from:

admin/admin
/admin
blank/blank
administrator/blank
administrator/MAC address of router
administrator/last 6 or 4 characters/digits of MAC address, or even the first 4 or 6 of the address.

You should probably contact tech support to find out what that information is though.

BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
I just recieved this device and it is not listed on the westell support site.This ver E made in china seems to have problems that is why I thought I would pick my own out that works so I would have no trouble. Thanks for your time Bruce

sciboi66

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2005
There is a company called ZyXEL Communications. www.zyxel.com.
They have alot of products for the networking industry that are well suited for home office use. The DSL that you get from telecommunications companies such as Verizon provide their Internet services through special modems that do use the RJ11 connectors. The service uses the same infrastructure that your phone uses.

ZyXEL is a great company and they will help you out with a phone call and not charge for their customer support.

BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
Thanks. I checked out that site and left a message to see if they had what I needed. I'm also looking at an DLINK DSL-504T ADSL Router modem. Just making sure that it is vpi/vci of 0/35. Bruce