disable CD autostart

August 23, 2004 1:11:08 AM

I recently bought a notebook at Best Buy with winXP home
included. I've run XPhome at work and my home desktop for
2yrs now. So when I got my notebook I attempted to open the
device manager to disable the ever annoying Autostart on the cd
drive. But to my amazement the device manager comes up empty
showing nothing? Does anyone know what's up with this?
AMD processor, 512mb ram, notebook.

More about : disable autostart

Anonymous
August 23, 2004 1:11:09 AM

D wrote:

> I recently bought a notebook at Best Buy with winXP home
> included. I've run XPhome at work and my home desktop for
> 2yrs now. So when I got my notebook I attempted to open the
> device manager to disable the ever annoying Autostart on the cd
> drive. But to my amazement the device manager comes up empty
> showing nothing? Does anyone know what's up with this?
> AMD processor, 512mb ram, notebook.

Right-click on the drive in My Computer, then click on Properties.
Anonymous
August 23, 2004 3:10:36 AM

Hi,

You may use TweakUI to disable AutoRun for this drive. Under TweakUI, navigate to My Computer > Drives and uncheck the
drive that you want to disable AutoRun on.

Download TweakUI:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powert...

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"D" <NoMail@NoSpam> wrote in message news:cgbg7c01942@news2.newsguy.com...
>I recently bought a notebook at Best Buy with winXP home
> included. I've run XPhome at work and my home desktop for
> 2yrs now. So when I got my notebook I attempted to open the
> device manager to disable the ever annoying Autostart on the cd
> drive. But to my amazement the device manager comes up empty
> showing nothing? Does anyone know what's up with this?
> AMD processor, 512mb ram, notebook.

Related resources
August 23, 2004 8:44:50 AM

I tried that but it only offered "auto eject when copy complete"
and it still starts on insertion.
And what do you think happened to my device manager is?
August 23, 2004 8:46:13 AM

Oh yes, I remember MS's addon to complete functionality.
Thanks.
But do you have any idea why my device manager is empty?
Anonymous
August 23, 2004 8:33:34 PM

Sorry...wouldn't know that.

--