NyuTrustan

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
Hi,

I have been using my homebuilt PC for about a month now. A couple of day ago I detached the video card (Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 OC Vapor-X) to RMA it (extreme coil whine). My MoBo is an ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Pro.

Since removing my video card I have had no sound. After trying all of the normal things I stumbled across an interactive map of my MoBo in the BIOS. Normally if there is nothing plugged into the socket there it will tell me that is it 'empty'. The 5 3.5mm jacks at the back now inform me that they are 'disconnected'. I have reinstalled the latest audio drivers as well as removing the old video card via device manager. I am now using the integrated MoBo graphics.

Any ideas?

NyuTrustan

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
They are not showing as plugged in and therefore cannot be selected. The only option available was 'Realtek Digital Output'.

I am convinced it is due to the jacks showing as 'disconnected' but I do not know how to reconnect.

NyuTrustan

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
Update:
The front jacks are also showing as 'disconnected' rather than 'empty' on BIOS, so I am fairly certain this is the issue. Does anyone know how to reconnect them?

gazzaw

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013

Did you ever get it fixed.. im having the exact same issue

NyuTrustan

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
I had this exact same issue again (over two years later). Obviously RMA was not an option this time. I resolved it by buying a cheap sound card (usb though I doubt it matters) and this has circumvented the problem!